Shut Up and Brew It - Page 3 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Shut Up and Brew It

Old 01-23-2013, 01:17 AM   #21
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Windom, MN
Liked 5902 Times on 3471 Posts

psssshhhhhh. one of these dare.
Click image for larger version

Name:	creepy beer.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	96025  
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I've plenty of legit material... No need to go making up quotes for your sig.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 AM   #22
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 6807 Times on 4023 Posts

I love Becks!

I've tried over and over again to clone it. I've messed with water, step mashes, ferment temps, yeasts, I just can't get it. I'm going to try again as soon as my west-coast-ipa-loving-brother visits in Feb.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:25 AM   #23
cluckk

Recipes 

Apr 2005
San Antonio, TX
Liked 360 Times on 230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljin
We keep seeing these threads trashing BMC, and often times American lagers in general, as junk. Trash beer. Cheap, flavorless crap. Or nasty tasting crap. Or how it's blah blah blah, anyone could brew that swill. And that last remark is often followed with the built in cop out, but who would want to.

Okay, tough guy. Brew it.

I motion that anyone who makes such incredulous comments must brew an American lager on par with that of BMC and submit it to be judged by HBT or an officially recognized BJCP competition. Then they have to do it at least once more. Minimum 5 gallon batches. The scores must then be posted here. It has to take at least bronze, twice, for that person to spout off.

PS
Bud Platinum really does suck. That's the one freebee.
The original post assumes everyone speaking against BMC does so believing BMC do not brew an American lager well. I don't care for most lagers. I really don't like the BMC style American lagers. So, to speak bad about swill I have to prove that I can brew better swill?

The nice thing about this board is I can spout off about any beer I want and don't have to earn the privilege.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #24
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5361 Times on 4556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluckk View Post
The original post assumes everyone speaking against BMC does so believing BMC do not brew an American lager well. I don't care for most lagers. I really don't like the BMC style American lagers. So, to speak bad about swill I have to prove that I can brew better swill?

The nice thing about this board is I can spout off about any beer I want and don't have to earn the privilege.
Ah, see, if you don't like American lager, you don't like American lager. That's fine. I don't much care for milk stout or these hop juice x-treme hops beers. And that's fine. But it's not swill. It's only something I don't like. Much. I had some Left Hand milk stout a while back and it was okay. A well done IPA is also good to me, at times.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #25
hoppyhoppyhippo

Recipes 

Dec 2012
New Brunswick, NJ
Liked 414 Times on 338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkwooder View Post
I'm certainly not saying anything bad about anyone on this forum. Quite the oppisite, Most have been great, but there are a few who do come accross as a bit snobish. That is certainly their right, and they deserve to voice their oppinion as much as anyone else. I mearly wanted to remind them that they too, once enjoyed a BMH. They may have found something that they enjoy more, but it was still a bMH beer that got them started, and I believe that credit is due where it is deserved!

BMH beers are what they are and nothing more and nothing less!
Won't vouch for the other snobs, but my beer that got me drinking beer was Sam Adams. I of course am not the average Joe since I didn't go to college and was working a sales job at 21. Before that I drank terrible vodka, rum, or whiskey mixed with something else. My "bad beer" is Yuengling which is much less evil and JMO much better tasting, though that could largely be in my head, though beechwood aging tastes like piss.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:37 AM   #26
Zuljin
TR Fitness King
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Defiance
Liked 5361 Times on 4556 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy-Klubb View Post
psssshhhhhh. one of these dare.
Battle!

Name:	h4D0FCB9A.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	96028  

Old 01-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #27
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Windom, MN
Liked 5902 Times on 3471 Posts

oh, Junior!

Name:	Picture 102.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	96130  
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I've plenty of legit material... No need to go making up quotes for your sig.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #28
cluckk

Recipes 

Apr 2005
San Antonio, TX
Liked 360 Times on 230 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljin View Post
Ah, see, if you don't like American lager, you don't like American lager. That's fine. I don't much care for milk stout or these hop juice x-treme hops beers. And that's fine. But it's not swill. It's only something I don't like. Much. I had some Left Hand milk stout a while back and it was okay. A well done IPA is also good to me, at times.
Actually, one definition of "swill" is "a deep draught of drink, esp beer" (Taken from the World English Dictionary) or as a verb meaning "to drink large quantities of liquid," (from the same dictionary). Since I believe BMC have no other redeeming quality than the ability to be consumed in copious amounts, I am using the term properly.

People Like This