How did you end up with only 3.5 gallons? Did you use a recipe kit? As most are for 5 gal batches. I just want to be sure that you weren't supposed to add cold water to bring your beer to 5 gallons. Regarding keging, you shouldn't have any problems keging less beer.
" life is like a case of beer, you must enjoy it every day"
- ToastedBlonde Ale in Bottles
- Zesty Pale Ale in primary #1
- Belma 60 IPA in primary #2
- Belgian Wheat IPA in primary #3
- White IPA on deck
- ESB on deck
* Member of the Maniacal Association of Shoreline Home-brewers, CT