I like homebrew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Homebrew is tasty. I know a lot of people don't like bottling because of the hassle, but I love bottling because if I want to have 4-5 beers, but don't want to keep drinking the same thing I can have a different beer every 12 oz.

I know if you keg you can just pull off of 4-5 different kegs and get the same effect, but I only have room for one keg at the moment. I still love home brew either way though. Here's to making your own damn beer!

BEVERAGE-DRINKS-PHOTOGRAPHY-ZACK-BURRIS-CHICAGO-BEER-MUGS-TOASTING-1.jpg

Here, here! I will drink to that! Literally... I'm drinking right now. Oh, the joys being on the night shift.

I will definitely second that thought! I love coming home after a crappy shift at the hospital lab (like last night! Damn flu season!) and cracking open one, two or (.. well never mind) homebrews before heading off to bed. I also love having something yummy (i.e. NOT BREAKFAST) to eat after work.

Michael:mug:

I like homebrew for breakfast, something dark and bitter like coffee, but not coffee, it's homebrew.

Here, here! I will drink to that! Literally... I'm drinking right now. Oh, the joys being on the night shift.

I worked 3rd shift for almost 15 years and I used to love sitting on a lawn chair next to a hot grill at 8am cooking up a steak drinking a beer and waving to the neighbors going to work.:cross:

I like bottling! It's FUN. I can have twelve different kinds of beer in the house and choose amongst them. KotC and I bottle together, and we have a real rhythm going on it. It's very ZEN! LOL!

Besides it's easier to give somebody a bottle or two to try at THEIR house than to clean MY house and have them over here. :)

I like bottling too. It's not so bad once you get your system down. I am frequently on the go, so it's AWESOME that I can take some cold homebrews with me. Got a small cooler in the truck, and I can share beers with coworkers after work, or friends at the beach. I don't have to worry about a big electric bill from a kegorater. Right now I've got 4 different kinds of homebrew in the fridge. Couldn't be happier!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Bottling is a very "zen" experience - ommmmm -

I have a good rhythm down - bottles on bottling tree to my left, bottling bucket/wand in front of me, I'm seated on a low chair with a cushion - I alternate which hand grabs a fresh bottle, fill, hand off to KOTC, he caps them and arranges them to his satisfaction in the conditioning bin. We're a good beer brewing/bottling team! :)

I still love homebrew, but I'm trying to expand my palate. The wife did a wine tasting with me tonight, so I feel pretty good...

You should try brewing your own mead sometime. It's a fairly easy process, especially with small batches. I still haven't had a proper commercial mead, but my buddy and I who brew independently and pool our stuff together for good-time-shenanigan-nights have done a batch. they weren't exceptional, but I think we both fermented really warm and got some terrible phenol flavors (and that was our first ever time fermenting something. Heh... We used Fleischman's... :smack: )

It also sounds like a real ***** magnet. "Oh baby, is that a honey wine???". Throw something like Jack Keller's Rose Petal Wine to your escapades and you're probably bound to have some fun. ;)

You should try brewing your own mead sometime. It's a fairly easy process, especially with small batches. I still haven't had a proper commercial mead, but my buddy and I who brew independently and pool our stuff together for good-time-shenanigan-nights have done a batch. they weren't exceptional, but I think we both fermented really warm and got some terrible phenol flavors (and that was our first ever time fermenting something. Heh... We used Fleischman's... :smack: )

It also sounds like a real ***** magnet. "Oh baby, is that a honey wine???". Throw something like Jack Keller's Rose Petal Wine to your escapades and you're probably bound to have some fun. ;)

I've got my first batch going right now. :D

I've got my first batch going right now. :D

Nice :rockin: I need to get some Belgian yeast to do a run of BOMM. This time I'm going to actually control temperatures, too. That warm fermentation taste is not pleasurable.

Back