Here's a few pics of my first batch and general brewing 'story' so far.
Mrs bought me an extract kit for Xmas and once my brew pot arrived I got stuck in!
3mins in to brew day after adding 1/3 of the extract. Partial boil - 2 gallons
After cooling for 30mins outside I added the wort to 3 gallons of cold top off water in the fermenter and stirred it in. Added a blow off hose to be on the safe side.
Moving to secondary after 2 weeks.
Big tub of starsan! Only about 3 inches full though.
7 boxes of 12oz bottles all clean and ready for bottle day
Trub left from moving from primary to secondary
Very basic setup in my basement! (Only renting atm and kitchen is tiny. Everything I use is cleaned and sanitized thoroughly before & after use and it does the job.)
RDWHAHB - Dogfish Head 60minute IPA
The Mrs got a 'delux' kit which came with the glass carboy and one bucket which doubles as primary/bottling bucket. This is why I've moved the wort to secondary after 2 weeks. In the future I'll probably just use the carboy as primary and the plastic bucket for bottling. I'll probably get my hands on a couple of other buckets and carboys in a few weeks.