Home Brew Forums > Wine, Mead, Cider, Sake & Soda > Cider Forum > First Cider, Need Help!

Old 01-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
wdwalter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Default First Cider, Need Help!

Alright, going for first cider attemp here and would really appreciate some input before I make a catostrophic mistake. First off, I'm using Tree-Top apple juice (the 3 apple blend type). No preservatives, just pasteurized. I am also using White Labs Dry English Ale yeast. Now, I am planning on making a starter, as I do for beer. Would you all recommend using DME, just like beer, or some other type of fermentable sugar? After I add my juice to my sanitized carboy I am going to add some yeast nutrient. Is there anything else thats common to add at this point? After fermentation, I am going to kill the yeast with pottasium sorbate. Then to get a little sweetness, I am going to add some frozen apple juice concentrate. My plan is to keg and force carb to low carbination.

Any help is appreciated!