Couple of cleaning questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arborman

Reaction score
Whats the best way to clean out a blow off tube? I dont think my bottle brush is long enough to get all the way to the center.

Also, is it advisable to remove the ball valve/thermo from the kettle after each brew and clean out the female threads on the kettle? How bout the ball valve itself.... do you clean that pretty heavily and then starsan it before the next batch?

Thanks!

I've got the same problem with my various tubes. I have a set of three aquarium lift tube brushes for cleaning spigots & such. They clean the part of the tube they can actually reach real well. But I need a longer one. They have bendable,long handled lift tub brushes for cleaning keg lines. hold on,I got a place to look. **The keg lift tube brushes are 34" long,but the brush is only 1/4" diameter. Most of the tubing we use for autosiphons,racking,& bottling wands is 3/8". Gotta keep looking.

My bottle brush has a loop on the end of it so I just tie some sort of string to it like heavy lb test fishing line or a construction string line and then tie fishing weight on the other end and drop it down the tube and pull

My bottle brush has a loop on the end of it so I just tie some sort of string to it like heavy lb test fishing line or a construction string line and then tie fishing weight on the other end and drop it down the tube and pull

sweet tip! Thanks

Reminds me of our redneck shotgun barrel swab rigs. a button,kite string,& a piece of rag in a bow tie shape. I could swear I saw a long lift tube style brush made for cleaning the flexible lines on kegging rigs. I'll keep looking. These would be a real boon to us home brewers cleaning arsenals.
***BINGO!!! I found'em at; http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/cleaning/brushes/NHCB38.html
Two different diameters,3/16's & 3/8's. Best part is they're 66" LONG! Cha ching! A lil PBW & one of these long whip brushes & we're all set.Brushes are so much easier than chemicals alone. Combined they're quick,easy,& make'em spotlessly new looking from what I can reach with my lift tube brushes. By the way,The aquarium lift tube brushes are cheaper than faucet brushes & work just as well.

Latest posts

Back