Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North West USA > Washington HomeBrew Forum > Hops

Old 01-19-2013, 06:12 AM   #1
s_tipfan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Hops

Looking to start growing hops. Anyone know of any place i could get Rhizomes local around the South Everett/North Lynnwood area. Starting with Cascade, Centennial, Saaz and Chinook. Never grown hops before but thought i may give it a shot. Any help would greatly appreciated.

Old 01-19-2013, 06:32 PM   #2
Beer_is_good_for_you
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I don't know of any places locally, but freshops.com and morebeer.com sell them. You could try a local nursery or something, if they don't they could probably tell you where to go. I'm interested too, but probably won't be growing for at least a year.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:59 AM   #3
Clearcut23
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_tipfan
Looking to start growing hops. Anyone know of any place i could get Rhizomes local around the South Everett/North Lynnwood area. Starting with Cascade, Centennial, Saaz and Chinook. Never grown hops before but thought i may give it a shot. Any help would greatly appreciated.

Most local homebrew stores will stock them right before planting season. Mine takes pre orders

Old 01-24-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
Battles4Seattle
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Mountain Homebrew in Kirkland just sent an email about Rhizomes. I was just searching on what I'd like to grow, my and my wife's dad have Cascades and Goldings between the two of them.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:18 AM   #5
traviswalken
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

'

Old 01-26-2013, 04:19 AM   #6
traviswalken
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I think homebrew heaven in Everett sells them
lgilmore Likes This 
Old 01-26-2013, 06:22 AM   #7
lgilmore
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 154

Homebrew haven out by fluke on evergreen way will sell them. You also have a bunch of eastern WA farms that will sell them to you.

http://www.rnventerprises.com/files/...Order_Form.pdf

I used these folks last year and the hops did well enough that I may not need to order again from them this year.
Note: before you buy any hops make sure they are suited to Snohomish. I heard nothing good grows in Snohmish but trouble..

http://www.rnventerprises.com/services.html