HBT 2015 Big Giveaway - Winners Drawn - 24 Hours to Claim!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > True Brew Nut Brown Ale - Final Gravity Question, and maybe infection?

Old 02-11-2013, 03:32 AM   #31
jwetzler
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Mine has been bottled for 3 weeks now, and I have had mixed results. I put a few beers in the fridge for about 10 hours...the first one tasted great. The second & 3rd beer didn't taste that good, it had a beer flavor, as well as a nut flavor, but also had kind of an off, strong alcohol flavor which over powers the beer/nut flavor.

What would be the cause of that off flavor? Did I not cold crash my beer long enough before drinking it? Or do I just need to let it continue to condition for a few more weeks, before putting anymore in the fridge?

Old 03-05-2013, 03:36 AM   #32
jwetzler
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

After letting it condition about a total of 6 weeks in the bottle, the sharp alcohol taste has started to mellow out, and has turned out to be pretty good tasting beer.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #33
defdans
Recipes 

Yeah, i'm pretty happy with how mine turned out. I didn't have any sharp alcohol flavors, but i was disappointed in the carbonation levels early on. The last couple I tried were better...that and I was a little less careful about how i poured them. I'm careful not to include the sediment at the bottom, but pouring from a little higher above the glass creates a nice head.