Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > dirty kegerator beer lines

Old 01-19-2013, 01:24 AM   #1
I-Hop
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default dirty kegerator beer lines

Hello.
I moved last year and have not been able to brew for the last year and a half due to the selling/buying of our house, packing/unpacking and also the addition of twins. I am now getting my homebrewery set back up and realized I never cleaned my beer lines in my kegerator. Will I be able to just clean the lines and be all set to tap a new batch or have I ruined the beer lines? I would love to be able to not have to buy new lines but I also don't want to ruin a batch of beer. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:28 AM   #2
Cbaddad
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Was there old beer stuck in there the whole time? beer line cleaner is pretty strong, so I would try to give it a couple of good soaks before you replace everything. I think it is possible to clean them, but it kind of depends on how much gunk is in them.

Congrats on the twins! Woah, that must be a bit crazy the first year, especially if they were your first.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:29 AM   #3
twalte
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 38

I have let my lines sit for several months in my outdoor kegerator with no issues. I use a heavy duty line cleaner from Micro-matic, and I just let the liquid sit in the lines for an hour. So far, so good.

Give them a good clean and I'll bet you are OK.

Old 01-19-2013, 07:33 PM   #4
beaksnbeer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 495 Times on 328 Posts
Likes Given: 67

I think first I would want to know what type of beer lines you are using before I would give any kind of advice about cleaning them.