What kind of beer do you think DUFF is?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
I'm thinking Homer guzzles a tasteless lager. Not that all lagers are tasteless, but I bet DUFF is mass produced and tasteless. How about you?

I'm thinking Homer guzzles a tasteless lager. Not that all lagers are tasteless, but I bet DUFF is mass produced and tasteless. How about you?

It can't be anything but a tasteless lagered pilsner.

It would be amusing if they did an episode where Duff tries to get in on the craft beer market.

I figured it was pretty much Bud.
Some of you will be old enough to remember bud man!
He was in commercials and we used to get bud man stickers from the beer distributor when we saw the truck.

I figured that duff man came directly from that.

Without looking, I'd say something like Budweiser. Duff is portrayed as the every man's, working man's beer of the masses. The common stuff. Regular beer.

But a pilsner? How can a pilsner be tasteless? Ice cold Bud Ice, yes. Ice cold Beer 30, surprisingly not bad, though lacking in any flavor that would be described as bold, rich or much of anything, yes. But those aren't pilsner.

I figured it was pretty much Bud.
Some of you will be old enough to remember bud man!
He was in commercials and we used to get bud man stickers from the beer distributor when we saw the truck.

I figured that duff man came directly from that.

I've never heard of Bud man, but vaguely remember Joe Camel.

OK, I couldn't find a budman commercial on youtube, but I did find this.

You get the idea. Cape wearing beer superhero!

Last edited by a moderator:
At least the mystery of Duff Dry and Duff Light is solved.

duff-58040.png

They sell it at the Kwik-E-Mart in Universal Studios here in LA. I have thought about buying it, but I always end up griping about how it isn't beer instead.

Only place I've seen it in stores is Micro Center (I don't know how far their reach spreads, but a fairly geek-oriented computer/electronics store, at least compared to Best Buy and the like). But there was a Groupon deal a while back to buy the stuff by the case. I picked up a couple cases for her.

Back