Neighbors From HELL - Page 11 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Neighbors From HELL

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 10:09 PM   #101
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher

Recipes 

Nov 2012
Windom, MN
Liked 5916 Times on 3477 Posts

feeding cats to dogs is nowhere near funny. I'd rather people spayed/neutered their pets. barring that, if an animal has to die for any reason (even in a shelter), better to be euthanized rather than painfully in the jaws of another animal or by the hands of a sadistic mind. I find nothing in either statement funny.

edit: and yes, I know people feed live mice/rats to snakes. there is a difference between the natural order of the food chain and watching another die for your kicks.
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I've plenty of legit material... No need to go making up quotes for your sig.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #102
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho
Liked 663 Times on 416 Posts

I hate cats. 2 kind of cats in the world. Dead cats and soon to be dead cats

Flame on

Old 01-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #103
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher

Recipes 

Nov 2012
Windom, MN

well, trick or treat! we gots ourselves a fancy like backbone!
Quote:

Old 01-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #104
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmintman View Post
I hate cats. 2 kind of cats in the world. Dead cats and soon to be dead cats

Flame on
I had a cat once, ran away to go live with a neighbor over a mile away... right before he just knew I was fixing to eat him for dinner. Poor kitty.

Varmintman Likes This 
Old 01-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #105
PaintedRat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Feb 2012
Fresno, CA
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I'd rather see people spay/neuter too. I'd also rather not have a neighbors cat scratching my car hood or peeing in my garden. I believe it should be an owners responsibility to contain their animal within their domain. I wasn't attempting to piss people of, but I have. Do others have a problem with what I posted? I'll take it down if it's a big problem.

I gave most of the kittens to people who would attempt to raise them, because I will not take care of them, nor put up with 24/7 crying. Those that couldn't be adopted immediately were taken to SPCA. I don't torture animals, and wouldn't give them to people who do either. If SPCA euthenizes then, I don't feel bad. Dogs kill things, cats kill things. I'm not trying to arrange it to happen, but animals kill things sometimes.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #106
Clearcut23
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedRat
I gave the the kittens to people who would attempt to raise them, because I will not. Those that couldn't be adopted immediately were taken to SPCA. I don't torture animals, and wouldn't give them to people who do either. If SPCA euthenizes then, I don't feel bad, blame the guy that abandoned his pets to run wild. Dogs kill things, cats kill things. I'm not trying to arrange it to happen, but animals kill things sometimes.

I wasn't attempting to piss people of, but I have. Do others have a problem with what I posted? I'll take it down if it's a problem.
No prob bob

Old 01-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #107
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher

Recipes 

Nov 2012
Windom, MN

I just posted my opinion on the subject. if an animal has to to the shelter, that's where it has to go.
Quote:

Old 01-23-2013, 10:42 PM   #108
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho
Liked 663 Times on 416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
I had a cat once, ran away to go live with a neighbor over a mile away... right before he just knew I was fixing to eat him for dinner. Poor kitty.
Must have been hungry since everyone knows it takes 2 cats to fill a crock pot

Honestly I think if a person takes the responsibility of a animal they should do so knowing that they will have to care for the animal for the life of the animal. For some reason city people find my house a convenient place to drop their unwanted animals off. I have two options and neither is pretty. Kill the animal or drive it into town where sadly it will sit for the three days in a shelter and then be killed.

I really do not like people who drop their pets off thinking I will care for them when I got my hands full with what I got

Old 01-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #109
Punity
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2012
Cosi, Warshington
Liked 369 Times on 308 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedRat
I'd rather see people spay/neuter too. I'd also rather not have a neighbors cat scratching my car hood or peeing in my garden. I believe it should be an owners responsibility to contain their animal within their domain. I wasn't attempting to piss people of, but I have. Do others have a problem with what I posted? I'll take it down if it's a big problem.

I gave most of the kittens to people who would attempt to raise them, because I will not take care of them, nor put up with 24/7 crying. Those that couldn't be adopted immediately were taken to SPCA. I don't torture animals, and wouldn't give them to people who do either. If SPCA euthenizes then, I don't feel bad. Dogs kill things, cats kill things. I'm not trying to arrange it to happen, but animals kill things sometimes.
Ive got a neighbor with two cats that like to use my house to A) piss off my dog and B) piss me off by not owing a litter box im assuming becuase its all in my yard.
They wont be a problem here soon you can only feign ignorance that its your cats running around the neighborhood for so long before they just disappear.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:12 PM   #110
0verdrive
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Mar 2009
Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Man, reading threads like these makes me glad for what I have! I don't have too many stories - in part because I moved into a house ASAP so I wouldn't have to be too close to neighbors.

In my first apartment, our downstairs neighbors loved to crank up the music and party until 3 or 4 in the morning. It wasn't too bad on the weekends, but weeknights really sucked. So I went to Best Buy and bought my first subwoofer. It had a pretty large speaker, pointed straight at the floor. From then on whenever the music was too loud, I'd turn on a techno CD with a driving beat. Then I'd turn down everything but the base, and crank the volume _way_ up until I couldn't hear their music any more. After a couple minutes I'd turn off my music, and sure enough - they'd turned their music off too. I guess it's no fun having a party when the bass from upstairs drowns out your music.

Another time I woke up one morning to find out that our cars were police-taped. The same partiers from downstairs had a couple guys get into a fight, and one of them got stabbed. He staggered out of the party and died on one of our cars.

More recently, I bought a wrecked truck to nurse back to health. I did a bunch of body work on it and was painting it in my driveway, when a cop showed up. He told me that I wasn't doing anything illegal, but that a neighbor had complained so he had to show up. Then he pulled out his wallet and showed me pictures of his mustang that he'd been working on.

Closed Thread