Las Vegas sucks for beer selection - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Las Vegas sucks for beer selection

Old 09-09-2007, 03:45 AM   #1
talleymonster

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts

Las vegas Sucks! My local liqour store, I used to think they had an awesome selection. The truth is, they dont. Yes, they do carry a decent amount of craft brews, but not enough for me. They carry zero Dogfish Head, limited selection of Stone brews, Some Rogue, Some Lost Coast, No Youngling, etc. etc. etc.

I'm just venting, but I'm running out of choices there! Any Vegas guys here who know of a good place to buy some brew? I shop at Lee's Discount Liqour.

Old 09-09-2007, 03:51 AM   #2
Ó Flannagáin
Recipes 

Jan 2007
Wichita Falls, Tx
Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts

Just brew enough so you don't have to buy commercial beer

Old 09-09-2007, 04:03 AM   #3
WOP31

Recipes 

Feb 2007
Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

Sorry to hear that man, you would think that with all the out-of-towners (i would think that you have more colorful names for them) places would try to have a good variety so people could feel more at home by getting their locals there. Also with all the high rollers they would try to stock the "high end" beers. You could always trya place like liquidsolutions.com, if you can handle the shipping prices.

Cheers

Old 09-09-2007, 04:07 AM   #4
talleymonster

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Liked 21 Times on 11 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wop31
You could always trya place like liquidsolutions.com, if you can handle the shipping prices.

Cheers
I do that every now and then...I just ordered a case of the Stone Vertical 7-7-07 online. Nobody seemed to have it out here. vegas is such a party town it's all about the BMC. Every big event is always sponsored by Bud Light or Coors or MGD.

We do have a couple nice microbrews here though. I have a few growlers that I refill regularly.

Old 09-09-2007, 07:27 AM   #5
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Dec 2005
Portland, OR, Oregon
Liked 50 Times on 35 Posts

I agree, Las Vegas sucks for real beer! We were down there for our 10th wedding anniversary, and the only places I got to get good beer was the Nine Fine Irishmen pub and Sin City Brewing in the The Miracle Mile Shops. mmmm their Oktoberfest was awesome, sipping it and watching the fake rain in the mall.....

Old 09-10-2007, 02:00 PM   #6
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Apr 2007
West Chicago 'Burbs, IL
Liked 110 Times on 81 Posts

TN has a crappy 6% abv law. You can still sell stuff above it, but need a liquor license, so naturally, only liquor stores will do this. However, profit margin isn't great, so only about 2-3 stores do this, and they're selections aren't the best, and quite pricey at that.

ugh.

Old 09-10-2007, 02:27 PM   #7
krispy d
Recipes 

Mar 2007
Old Saybrook CT
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I complain about Vegas' lack of good beer every year I go. (trade shows) Seems like I just drink Fat Tire when I am there and I don't even like New Belgium brewing co...
Old Burnside Ten Penny Ale
Primary
Westbrook Porter
Secondary

Empty
Up Next
A big IPA ??

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
-Benjamin Franklin