My Homebrewpub (WIP)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohiobrewtus

Reaction score
Everything is now all framed up and wired (electric, speakers, and tv's), but I'm on hold until I get some drainage issues taken care of (I have one company boring a hole under the road to the quarry across from me and another digging up my yard and re-routing the lines from my sump pumps due to some piss poor drainage design by my developer). Once those are taken care of I'll kick it into high gear and get it done.

Here's some of my bottle collection on a ledge going down the stairs:

IMG_0436.jpg

The poker room (where there is a tournament once a month with all 20 seats filled). This pic was taken from the room that currently is the 'catch all' for our junk:

IMG_0437.jpg

View of the poker room from the homebrewpub:

IMG_0438.jpg

The obligatory close up of one of my neons:

IMG_0439.jpg

View of the homebrewpub from the poker room. The wall framed up between them will have a french door in the large opening in the middle with wood columns on both sides, and faux windows where you see the arches on either side. The exterior of this wall will be faced in stone about 42" up, and stucco on the top portion. All this is to give the perception that you are actually walking into a bar:

IMG_0440.jpg

View of the south wall of the homebrewpub that hopefully will have a stage and a karaoke machine between the wall and the booths in front of the lions banner once I get it all completed:

IMG_0442.jpg

View 1 of the pub booths:

IMG_0443.jpg

View 2 of the pub booths:

IMG_0444.jpg

The brewery storage room, soon to be expanded (SWMBO just doesn't know it yet):

IMG_0446.jpg

View from the brew room looking into what will be the 2 stall (urinal and toilet - you can see where the sink vanity will be on the right of the inside of the bathroom wall) bathroom... oh ya, that's a pop-a-shot in the left of the picture. Now *that's* some fun after you get knocked out of a poker game and have 6 or 7 homebrews in ya!:

IMG_0449.jpg

View of what will be the bar (hard to tell from the pic, but it will end up being right at 13' long including the 'swing-up' to get behind the bar), taken from the end where there will hopefully be a stage:

IMG_0450.jpg

My current brews, from left to right - Hop Kolsch, Fat Tire clone, Kiltlifter 2.0, Kolsch 3.0:

IMG_0453.jpg

And finally, the back of the bar:

IMG_0457.jpg

Another angle from the back of the bar. There will be a countertop and shelving eventually where the wall steps back in the left side off this pic:

IMG_0458.jpg

Damn POS camera gave me some blurry pics - sorry.

Cheese, from you I think that's a compliment. :rockin:

It's amazing what you can do with that much basement and a very understanding SWMBO!

Alright already........ you win dude, you win!:D

That is one kick a** set-up,:rockin: what is the cover for a Friday night?:cross:

Cant' wait to see it finished:)

Cheers

No cover :), just bring me some decent beer when you show up, or leave some cashola in the 'donation' jar to help fund future brews.

As for SWMBO, she's all for it. She can't wait until it's done and we can start having parties down there! To her, building this house was about the 1st and 2nd floor and the lot with a water view. To me it was all about the basement. :rockin:

todd_k said:
Bud Ice? Seriously?

While it is the only BMC product that I can drink, most of my 6 pack holders come from my buddies as compensation for a few homebrews, including the Bud Ice ones.

One word...BOOTHS!

If not won, definitely in the lead!!!

Good job so far.

:mug:

ohiobrewtus said:
Cheese, from you I think that's a compliment. :rockin:

It's amazing what you can do with that much basement and a very understanding SWMBO!

It's a compliment. My basement is nowhere near big enough for something like that. You should get that bad-ass on Man Caves (the DIY Channel show).

That is way cool. I'll donate an old Detroit Tigers yearbook for your sports shrine if you're interested.
JR

Grrrr....I watched "Man Cave" all day, watching some dude put together his pub/poker room, getting more jealous all the while.....just to come here and see this.....life is so unfair.

Nice place...

Allan

I think I can speak for everyone here when I say I hate you, and am extremely jealous!!!

Looks F'ING badass

Boston said:
That is way cool. I'll donate an old Detroit Tigers yearbook for your sports shrine if you're interested.
JR

I'll gladly accept beer and/or sports gear donations. I have a bunch more stuff that won't be put up until it's done, but I got tired of just looking at studs and wanted to get an idea of what it will feel like when it's done so i hung up a few things.

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. I'll post update pics as I get more done, but I might not do anything else to it until Spring. It all depends on whether or not the water issue raises it's head again. No sense in hanging drywall, doing trim work, hanging tv's, installing flooring if there's chance that most of it is just going to get ruined.

On a scale from one to that F'in rocks, you have broken the needle off on the F'in rocks end. Very nice, looking forward to seeing updates!

That is one fine LIONS DEN, Brewtus. I may have to swing by Marion on my way home this Thanksgiving.

Big Kudos. :mug:

Ohio...that's not too far. I throw some fuggin cards with the best of 'em. Gimme a ring, baby. Just make sure you've got plenty of Jingle Hell chilled...

Flyin' Lion said:
That is one fine LIONS DEN, Brewtus. I may have to swing by Marion on my way home this Thanksgiving.

Big Kudos. :mug:

ROAD WIN for the Lions today baby!!! :rockin:

Depending on where you live in VA and how you get up to Detroit, I might actually be just a few miles out of your way.

So I was thinking... (yes, dangerous. :drunk: )

Are you going to create a special HBT "Hall of Fame" for those who send you stuff for your totally kickass basement/brewpub? And then post the pics of new additions just so we can have bragging rights as well? :D

Ize

marion marion?? damn can't quite remember where it is but i want to find it anywhere near logan/ columbus or steubenville/ canton.

oh yeah you is a bastihd sir
but it's awesome

Ize said:
So I was thinking... (yes, dangerous. :drunk: )

Are you going to create a special HBT "Hall of Fame" for those who send you stuff for your totally kickass basement/brewpub? And then post the pics of new additions just so we can have bragging rights as well? :D

Ize

Absolutely! I'll find room for any HBT'ers swag and post a bunch of pics when I get everything in place.

It could be a while though, as I mentioned earlier in this thread I need to wait until after Spring to see if my water issue is resolved before I put any more time and/or money into finishing this mofo. Then once I do get started I actually have to find the time to finish it.

Hopefully by this time next year I'll have the ceiling, the stairs and drywall all done and I can get started on the detail work. I'm going for an industrial look with the ceiling by taping off all of the aluminum/shiny stuff (like ductwork) and painting everything else black leaving it all exposed - it should prove to be quite an interesting project.

I'm still trying to figure out the best way to get a minimum of 4 brews on tap behind the bar, but I've still got time to hash that out.

Once it's done though, I have the perfect spot for HBT swag. Go back and look at the pics again - the shelving that I'm going to build directly behind the bar will be lit for display purposes and most HBT swag along with my glassware collectibles will be going there. I only need room to have a couple of bottles of liquor for my buddies, so that space will all for showing stuff off. There's always room on the walls for more swag too.

Designated HBT Swag zone highlighted in red:

hbtswagarea.jpg

That's beautiful, man. :eek:

And here I was thinking I just wanted a little bar in my next house. Now I'm thinking I want a basement pub. Thanks a lot. :D

Chris

I finished my basement earlier this year. I had a blast doing it. Unfortunately, I couldn't fit in a bar though. I do have a "man room" though...oh yeah, and a home theater.

Good luck with the basement, it's a lot of work, but definitely worth it once you're done and you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

I'm half way thorugh mine. my bar came out to 25' in the shape of a J. Pool table, movie area and poker table. my brewery is in a storage room off to the side. I'm adding a double utility sink and countertop soon. I'll post some pics when I get it cleaned up for guys night next week.

I gotta ask. DO you plan on brewing in your Pub? If so, what are your plans for all the Condensation?

Also, HELL OF A NICE Set Up!!! From the pics you have me scatching to do something with my unfinished Basement. Congrats on the progress you've made so far.

RLinNH said:
I gotta ask. DO you plan on brewing in your Pub? If so, what are your plans for all the Condensation?

Also, HELL OF A NICE Set Up!!! From the pics you have me scatching to do something with my unfinished Basement. Congrats on the progress you've made so far.

No, I have no plans to brew down there. I brew in my garage with plenty of ventilation. Nothing against those that brew in their basements, I've just decided that it's not for me, but my opinion is subject to change during the typically freezing freaking cold Ohio winters. :D

Back