Share your brewing nightmares - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Share your brewing nightmares

Old 01-18-2013, 04:39 PM   #11
DrunkleJon
Objects in mirror are closer than they appear
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
Liked 2512 Times on 1770 Posts

I had one last night. I had created this elaborately awesome Pipe Organ made into a keezer and was showing it off but could not remember how it works. Then one of the tap handles was too long and heavy and would not stay closed. And for some reason it was outside by a pool. I am confused. Though I really need to find a pipe organ to turn into a keezer. It was all majestic looking and shiny beautifully polished wood and chrome and brass and...

Old 01-18-2013, 09:05 PM   #12
Biohazard
Recipes 

Jan 2012
Canyon Lake, CA
Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I was in a hurry the other night and put together my tap lines. I got the gas side all setup and clamped, then did the liquid side and realized I was one clamp short, so I just stuck the picnic tap in it and put them on the kegs. I pulled a glass from each to sample and then went to bed. In the morning I ran out of the house and didnt check on the one without clamps and spent the rest of the next day wondering if the picnic tap popped out and I would find a 5 gallon APA puddle in my garage. I worried all damn day about that. Got home and it was ok, I have since taken that one off.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #13
LKABrewer
BJCP Master Judge

Recipes 

Mar 2011
Mineral, VA
Liked 50 Times on 43 Posts

I brew at my brother's house on a shared brew rig. I had a dream one night that I was running down the road with our entire brew rig trying to get to his house to brew. I got pulled over by the police about half way and had to dismantle the entire rig. I guess subconsciously that means that I want my own brew rig, right?

Old 01-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #14
justkev52

Recipes 

Feb 2011
West Valley City, Utah
Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhousebrew View Post
I still dream about cleaning this up...
Bummer.
Hope that never happens to me.
Sorry man.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #15
Billy-Klubb
HBT Berry Puncher

Recipes 

Nov 2012
Windom, MN
Liked 5916 Times on 3477 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhousebrew View Post
I still dream about cleaning this up...
that is a nice lookin' terlet! we have yellow one in our downstairs bathroom that must be 35 years old. I want to turn it into a planter.

on topic: not that I ever recall. but I do have zombie dreams a lot though. the zombies are regular people until the sun goes down, then they're zombies. when the sun comes up, they can't remember anything about being one.
"If ceramic squirrels are banned, only druks will have ceramic squirrels!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I've plenty of legit material... No need to go making up quotes for your sig.

Old 01-19-2013, 01:10 AM   #16
lstrowge
Born Texan living (trapped) in Washington state
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Bremerton, Wa
Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts

Not having any Homebrew to enjoy while brewing.......
Keg 4 - Mischief Belgian Blonde
Keg 5 - Fest Bier
Keg 6 - Mosaic ,Citra, Amarillo IPA

Old 01-19-2013, 02:04 AM   #17
darrenbrews
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Altoona, PA
Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts

I don't have dreams about brewing but I fall asleep to thoughts of brewing nearly every night. Wondering what kind of brew I can do for this winter, how many saisons can I have ready for summer, what kind of black beers can I brew. I think about how to launch a local homebrew event, make wort chillers, growing hops, ect.

I think it's a form of counting sheep for me.

lespaul23 Likes This 
Old 01-19-2013, 03:31 AM   #18
stevo4361
Recipes 

Aug 2011
Basin, WY
Liked 51 Times on 42 Posts

I hope someone, somewhere has made a keezer out of a pipe organ. That would be, I believe the term is appropriate, epic.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:28 PM   #19
DrunkleJon
Objects in mirror are closer than they appear

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Alexandria, Virginia
Liked 2512 Times on 1770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo4361 View Post
I hope someone, somewhere has made a keezer out of a pipe organ. That would be, I believe the term is appropriate, epic.
After that dream and how epic it was, especially with the movable features like the key cover thing covering the drip tray... I think I just may have to make one. Maybe I will have to do it out of a smaller standup piano or the electric organ that I inherited once it dies its final death. Too bad it is not as shiny and purdy as my dream Organerator.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #20
stevo4361
Recipes 

Aug 2011
Basin, WY
Liked 51 Times on 42 Posts

But it will be good practice for when you get the organator. A piano keezer would be like those old speak easy piano bars, pretty epic in itself.