Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Electric Brewing > Plexiglass control panel
Old 01-24-2013, 05:06 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 26

I love the idea of a clear enclosure but my buddy's SSRs melted his plastic storage bin. You might consider cutting a metal piece to mount the SSRs and heat sinks and then mount that to the rest of the plexiglass box.

As for keeping the wiring neat, I used a ton of the peel and stick ziptie thingies. Also, I recommend

1 make the wires a few inches longer than you think you need... The wires should be long enough to make smooth curves or 90 degrees turns.
2 run wires through loose ziptie ties on the peel and stick mounts. Then, just keep cutting/replacing the zip ties as you add more wires to a given mount.

If this doesn't make sense, PM me and I will upload pictures of what I mean.

And now you see that Evil will always triumph, because Good is dumb!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:19 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Liked 66 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 61

I have a polycarbonate front enclosure, I think it's from Serpac. I haven't used it yet but I was thinking it would be useful for display parts because I wouldn't need to cut holes. The way I wire things I would probably hide the guts behind adhesive vinyl sheet.