Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Good extract recipe suggestion?

Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 PM   #1
jaydog2314
Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Default Good extract recipe suggestion?

So my first batch came out really good, just popped the first bottle after 2 weeks of conditioning, Autumn Amber Ale(i couldn't resist/wait any longer!). I got an Amarillo Pale Ale in the primary. I'm trying to figure out what to brew next. I do want to stick to extract brewing b/c I am still new at it and that's the equipment I have. I wanted to get a bunch of extract under my belt before moving on...

Not sure if I want to go with a kit, the first 2 were Midwest kits, the LHBS has Brewer's Best kits...Or should I venture out and buy ingredients? I'd probably have to try a clone as I have NO clue yet what to mix with what as far as hops, grains, etc...

Any good suggestions for a new brewer?

Secondary:
Up Next: TBD
untappd: hopheavy2314
Canal Brewing Co:
Facebook Twitter Untappd

Old 01-15-2013, 01:32 PM   #2
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 5928 Times on 4226 Posts
Likes Given: 1514

All extract recipes, except for lagers, are about the same level of difficulty. So, to answer your question with a question, what do you feel like drinking?

Since you've got a pale ale and amber, I think something totally different would be great. Say, an English brown ale (I have a recipe posted for a good simple one in my recipe pull down, under my avatar), or a stout if you like them. Or go really light and go with a cream ale (similar to an American lager).

Follow me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans
But I'm pretty boring so don't expect much!
https://www.facebook.com/lorena.t.evans

Old 01-16-2013, 05:02 AM   #3
brewinginnc
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 39 Times on 24 Posts

I have a morebeer black ipa kegged and it was awesome.