Ss Brewtech’s Biggest Baddest Holiday Giveaway Ever!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Cherry "wein" experiment.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:45 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Cherry "wein" experiment.

Hey Folks.
I recently started (just about 30 minutes ago) a "Kirschewein" as I am calling it.
I used

64oz of 100% cherry Juicy juice with no preservatives or anything special.
1 packet of Redstar Champagne Yeast.
1 cup of Turbinado sugar (sugar in the raw) melted in about 5 oz. of water.

I poured out a few ounces of the juice to make up for the added sugar. Stirred it all up and set it up in my fermentation area (my closet in my dorm) and give it about 5 days it should be ready. Maybe...

Has anyone done this before? Does anyone know what this will do to the "kirschewein"? I am trying to find a way to sweeten, preferably not back sweetening though, the brew. I just don't want to back sweeten it for some reason.

Let me know what you guys think.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Liked 266 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 26

i default to the jack keller website, there is a recipe for every weird type of fruit/veg/country wine you can imagine. including cherry, and one for a sweet cherry wine. i have never made them, just passing on the information. i can't imaging you will have anything drinkable in 5 days, 6-12 months is probably more realistic. also there is a wine forum on this website for discussions of this sort, you may find better information there