Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Fermentation & Yeast > Yeast and Priming sugar amounts?

Old 01-14-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
SloppyGriffin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Yeast and Priming sugar amounts?

Ok so I'm new here so apologies for re posting this if it already exists. I have an autumn oak ale that is in primary right now, in about 10 or so days I'm going to transfer to secondary over scotch soaked oak chips/cubes combo and dry hop with fuggle and millenium. That will sit for about 2 weeks ( in order to avoid unwanted aromas from hops) and then will be put in a tertiary for another 3 or so months.

My questions is this: I am afraid that by the time bottling comes around, there may not be enough living yeast to ferment the priming sugar. Should I re-yeast at bottling and if so how much yeast should i add for 4.7 oz of dextrose? Any suggestions will help a lot thanks.