So I just converted my propane burner over to natural gas and did my first brew on it. The flame is really yellow/orange and very sooty. It turned my kettle black. I realize the burner is running to rich probably and I need to increase oxygen. I tired to do this by turning the air intake dial but even with dial letting the most air in the flame changed very little. I'm trying to figure out what's wrong as I don't want to have to buy I different burner. I'm wondering if since the dial isn't allowing enough oxygen I can take it entirely off to allow maximum air flow but I don't know how safe that is. Oh and the burner is like this one http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/b...55000-btu.html
but its in a stage of course. Any help or ideas would be awesome!