Receipts - Page 2 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Receipts

Old 01-16-2013, 03:37 AM   #11
Jan 2012
Glendie (outside Fredericksburg), VA
Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts

I don't mind receipts per se, but I am annoyed by unnecessarily large receipts. I bought a six pack and some beef jerky- why is this receipt a foot and a half long? With a coupon for fat free yogurt. What about my purchase says I'm interested in fat free yogurt?!

I hear you on the bags too, KayaBrew. I once bought a bucket and a scrub brush. The cashier put them in separate bags. I just bought a bucket. It's designed for the sole purpose of holding and transporting other things. Like scrub brushes. Oh, are you concerned that someone will think I'm shoplifting if my purchase is not in a bag? Well, good thing I have this 4-foot receipt to prove I paid for it!
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. -Frank Zappa

Old 01-16-2013, 04:34 AM   #12
Brew the brew!
Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts

If they ask I say I don't want it, but if they just hand it to me I'll take it and stick in my back pocket. If nothing else it's something to jot a quick note down on if you don't have any other paper.
The only thing more asinine than stupid rules is the enforcement of rules simply because they are the rules.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 01-18-2013, 04:15 PM   #13
Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2133 Times on 1409 Posts

I like our local Home Depot. They have a guy in the front who checks your receipt.... not what is on it, but the fact that you are holding a receipt... before you leave. Shrinkage must be insane.
See, that's where the real story is.
In the competition for the attention of the space aliens.
Everyone's equal in the eyes of God, but the space aliens, you've got to figure they would play favorites.

Old 01-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #14
Nov 2012
Sacramento, CA
Liked 52 Times on 39 Posts

Now I have got to admit, I'm a little anal.

I pay for everything with a credit card, I only have 1. So I know where every $ is spent. I watch everything before I sign it. Sometimes I double check it.

I was blown away when a shop keeper wanted to charge me $2500 for a $250 dollar item. I will never go back there again. Just last month we had a verbal agreement what this thing would cost, I got the receipt and had another $$$ figure on it. TRUST NO ONE!

Now if I were buying a donut for cash............................................