Stuck on business trip with NO BEER - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Stuck on business trip with NO BEER

Old 01-13-2013, 06:41 AM   #1
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2011
San Diego, CA
Liked 357 Times on 311 Posts

This is the worst. I'm on a business trip in central FL in one of these giant convention center/resort/hotel things. It's huge and in the middle of nowhere- there isn't a grocery store, liquor store, or drug store for about 2 miles, and get this: even if I wanted to make that walk I can't, legally- there are no sidewalks between here and there. There's a sports bar here with a couple of crafts on tap, but it's like Disneyworld, $10 for a 12oz pour (they call it a pint).

Any grocery delivery services out here? I'm trapped here for a week!

twitter.com/2kidsbrewing .. facebook.com/2kidsbrewing .. 2kidsbrewing.com

Old 01-13-2013, 07:07 AM   #2
Airplanedoc

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Illinois, Outside the peoples Republic of Madigan
Liked 394 Times on 273 Posts

Call Dominoes, I've had them deliver a fifth or two on occasions. Also I am sure the concierge can arrange something from outside, or call a cab

Old 01-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #3
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2011
San Diego, CA

Found a good grocery delivery service. Debating making the minimum $40 with delivery, tax and fuel. Comes to about $60. I'm here until thursday- may be worth it...

Old 01-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #4
Raenon

Recipes 

Jan 2012
York, PA
Liked 76 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daksin View Post
Found a good grocery delivery service. Debating making the minimum $40 with delivery, tax and fuel. Comes to about $60. I'm here until thursday- may be worth it...
Cant imagine a cab will run you more, round trip... I'd go myself and take the 5 minutes to browse. Hell, some hotels even run courtesy shuttles to common destinations, ask the desk what theyve got.
When in doubt, use the desk staff's knowledge. Theyre locals and theyre being paid to help you. Just dont forget to tip if they go above and beyond.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:16 AM   #5
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2011
San Diego, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenon View Post
Cant imagine a cab will run you more, round trip... I'd go myself and take the 5 minutes to browse. Hell, some hotels even run courtesy shuttles to common destinations, ask the desk what theyve got.
When in doubt, use the desk staff's knowledge. Theyre locals and theyre being paid to help you. Just dont forget to tip if they go above and beyond.
I've struck out twice with the hotel staff- too bad because this is such a spendy place. A cab ride would be a little bit more than the delivery fee, but there'd be no minimum order. It's just tougher to get away since I'm technically at work, travelling with both of my bosses. We'll see- it's late, nothing's getting done tonight.

Old 01-13-2013, 08:38 AM   #6
tg123
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 18 Times on 11 Posts

Better idea. Bring the bosses with you and have them pay for your drinks!

Old 01-14-2013, 04:53 AM   #7
daksin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Aug 2011
San Diego, CA

My boss isn't paying for anything that doesn't help keep me alive while I'm travelling. I'm mystified as to why we're staying at this expensive-ass resort. Plus- if you'd met him, you'd know how much I'd rather not drink for a week than hang out with him after work time. Anyway, I may go in on a grocery delivery with another employee I usually travel with.