Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Advice Needed in a Kegerator Purchase
Old 01-12-2013, 04:28 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Default Advice Needed in a Kegerator Purchase

What's up all? I'm in the market for a home brew Keggerator and would welcome any and all advice and suggestions in this regard. I have already considered making my own with a chest freezer but one I don't have the space for a large chest freezer in the garage, plus I want one that looks a bit nicer. I'm interested in a two tap kegerator system set up with ball lock connectors for Cornelius kegs. Any advice will be much appreciated.

" life is like a case of beer, you must enjoy it every day"

- ToastedBlonde Ale in Bottles
- Zesty Pale Ale in primary #1
- Belma 60 IPA in primary #2
- Belgian Wheat IPA in primary #3
- White IPA on deck
- ESB on deck

* Member of the Maniacal Association of Shoreline Home-brewers, CT
Old 01-12-2013, 04:55 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Actually tghere are some very small chest freezers and with a little research they can be made to look very professional. I have a friend who did one then wrapped it in weathered cedar fence pickets for a rustic look. Looked awesome. Another friend wrapped it in unfinished paneling and he stained it amnd finished it himself. Mine is left white but the 2x6 that I used to do my taps is filled, sanded, primed, and painted to match the white freezer. Looks like it was made that way. I am even about to purchase a Sanke tap and fittings to be able to put a commercial keg in it if I want too.

My friend has a commercial and he preferrs mine. There is a guy selling a really nice factory kegger in the classifieds. Probably the best looking factory kegger I have ever seen. Link is below.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
― Benjamin Franklin