Just finished my 2nd attempt, excuse the grammer and lack of detail cuz I've been drinking IPA homebrew all day!
Thanks to my brewing biatch (metalhead) for the help.
With the changes I got a little better efficiency according to Promash, 74% verses 70%. I'm thinking a finer crush would probably give me more but 70% is good enough for me. The grain mill I used is set at .45.
The grill rack is much better, I can push down and squeeze much harder and only lost .25gl from grain absorsion.
My kettle held mash temp of 150-153 for 1 hour no problem with the lid on and no heat so I'm happy with that. I mashed for 1 hour then raised temp up to 170 which took about 15 min then raised the basket to drain.
The basket drained great and I squeezed pretty hard but didn't kill myself trying to get every last drop out.
This whole brew day was very simple and clean up was a breeze with only one vessel. The gain basket is easy to clean, just dump the grains and rinse. There are a few kernnals that don't like to dump out but you can wipe them right out with a paper towel.
Pretty happy with this system, I recommend Chad's great work!