Originally Posted by Dynachrome
Did you ever finish this?
Yes I did. I hit my temps right on during the mash and hit my post boil gravity right on. everything went perfect till my wort chiller hose clamp decided to break and spew water everywhere.
Luckily I caught it right as it happened and moved the kettle to the bath tub with some ice water.
Fermentation was slow to start but really picked up after day two. I fermented around 68 and slowly brought it to about 72 over a weeks time. I dry hopped after 7 days. FG at dry hopping was ~1.018. Which gives me about 5% ABV. I'm really happy with the results. It's definitely malty but not overly so. Should get better in a month or so. I'm going to enter it into blue bonnet brew off in dallas with a couple other brews. We'll see how it does. I'll report back if I can remember too..
I did a first wort hopping with this one as well. Love the smooth bitterness it gives a beer. If you haven't tried it I highly recommend it!!