How many of you enjoyed your first

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first batch tasted great. It was an extract kit with specialty grains and it was put together by the LHBS while I waited so it was as fresh as you could hope for with a kit. I started doing AG shortly thereafter, but recently opened a bottle of that first stout. The flavors were still there, but it was a lot thinner than I remembered.

My first batch was some ingredients from the lhbs loosely fashioned into a recipe. I was about 4 L of water low for the recipe, and it tasted rather boozy. Not horrible, but definitely not what I was looking for. The second batch was one of my best.

Mine was a BetterBrew kit for Oktoberfest. I brewed it as an ale since I am still not set up for lagering. Even so it came out great, a little yeasty at first but after a couple weeks in the fridge the yeast cake compacted in the bottles and it was awesome. I got a lot of compliments on it.

My first beer (almost a mr beer level simplistic batch) was a bad beer, it tasted like a less butt BMC. Second beer, was a disaster (mispackaged kit+2 guys who didn't really know what they were doing = 48 bottle bombs) 3rd beer was an enjoyable success (even if it destroyed our fermenter) every beer after that for 2-3 more batches was infected before we figured out it was the bucket. I brewed on my own and the beer I brewed was a smashing success. Everyone who had it enjoyed it.

I guess the moral of my story is don't give up and just keep on brewing.

I brewed my first batch with some drunk buddies about 20 years ago and the first batch turned out like total piss. 2nd batch was great, the 2 batches after that sucked and we quit.

Fast forward 20 years and I got back into it about 6 months ago. First batch was a extract robust porter that I made into a coffee porter and it was dam good. Every batch i've made up till now has been good. The only batch I can complain about is my spiced german ale it has a very low ABV 3.7 % but it still tastes dam good.

I think every batch is a new day in brewing school and this website is the best ever. Internet was not something we had 20 years ago to search for help. Sure woulda helped a couple stoned/drunk dudes to make better brew. Which reminds me dont' get high and shoot hoops with beer boiling on the stove, bad things happen...:drunk:

My first was a Brewers Best Amber Ale. It was average at best, but I was super excited that it tasted "like beer." I remember drinking the first two in my back yard, and when that little buzz started to come over me, I knew I was hooked on homebrewing. :D

I tasted my first brew last night after I checked FG. Granted its not carbed or cold and it still needs a week and a 4 day dry hop, but it was drinkable and tasted like it should.

Can't wait for it to be finished.

Back