Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Texas HomeBrew Forum > Central Dallas Homebrew Club
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
Rix
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3
Default Central Dallas Homebrew Club

Anyone out there know of a homebrew club in central Dallas? I know there is North Texas, but they mostly meet in the suburbs. I haven't been able to find one, if there is enough interest maybe we could start one up?


Rix is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:06 PM   #2
tx_shooter
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Granbury, Tx
Posts: 63
Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Sorry; I don't spend much time up on that side of DFW. I know there are a couple on the west side of FW; but that doesn't help you much.


tx_shooter is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:18 PM   #3
DWright
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Waxahachie, Texas
Posts: 15
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Check out http://homebrewcollective.com They are downtown Dallas.
DWright is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:51 AM   #4
Rix
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3
Default

Thanks, I happened to here about them this weekend and plan to check it out.

There website seems to be down for the last few days though.
Rix is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 PM   #5
musikguru6
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 110
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix View Post
Thanks, I happened to here about them this weekend and plan to check it out.

There website seems to be down for the last few days though.
Colin here - an officer of Dallas Homebrew Collective. Apologies for the tech issues on the website! Had an issue with our hosting provider. Should be fixed now.

Our next club meeting is slated for Feb. 6th at the Peticolas brewery. $15 goes to Peticolas to get in, which will get you a glass and 3 pints.

Club dues are either $25/yr, or $5/meeting. A yearly membership gets you a discount at Homebrew Headquarters, free entrance to meetings and other perks - plus helps us to grow the club!

Feel free to shoot me an email - colin at alsheimer dot me if you'd like more info!

Reason: Edit - wrong price!
musikguru6 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
TexasSpartan
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 721
Liked 18 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musikguru6 View Post
Colin here - an officer of Dallas Homebrew Collective. Apologies for the tech issues on the website! Had an issue with our hosting provider. Should be fixed now.

Our next club meeting is slated for Feb. 6th at the Peticolas brewery. $15 goes to Peticolas to get in, which will get you a glass and 3 pints.

Club dues are either $25/yr, or $5/meeting. A yearly membership gets you a discount at Homebrew Headquarters, free entrance to meetings and other perks - plus helps us to grow the club!

Feel free to shoot me an email - colin at alsheimer dot me if you'd like more info!
This sounds relevant to my interests. I've been looking to join a homebrew club here, but don't want to go out to the burbs.
__________________
Dead Felon Brewing

Carboy 1: Tart Cherry Belgian Ale
Keg 1: Mad Hops IPA

Dallas Homebrew Collective
TexasSpartan is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #7
musikguru6
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 110
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSpartan View Post
This sounds relevant to my interests. I've been looking to join a homebrew club here, but don't want to go out to the burbs.
That's exactly why we started it! Hope to see you at a future meeting.
musikguru6 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:21 AM   #8
togodoug
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: saipan, Mp
Posts: 222
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

I will be at the Hilton Antole hotel next week. Is there a brew store I can get supplies near by? Or a good beer? Thanks
togodoug is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #9
Rix
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3
Default

togodoug, you will be walking distance from the Meddlesome Moth (same people that own the Flying Saucer), they have a great beer selection and good food. Other places to check out are the Common Table or the Ginger Man in the Uptown area. No LHBS real close. Homebrew Headquarters is the best bet, but it's about 20 mins away.

Colin, Do you have to pay on your first visit or can you come check it out as a first time visitor for free?
Rix is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #10
musikguru6
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 110
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix View Post
togodoug, you will be walking distance from the Meddlesome Moth (same people that own the Flying Saucer), they have a great beer selection and good food. Other places to check out are the Common Table or the Ginger Man in the Uptown area. No LHBS real close. Homebrew Headquarters is the best bet, but it's about 20 mins away.

Colin, Do you have to pay on your first visit or can you come check it out as a first time visitor for free?
It depends - for our monthly club meetings, there is a $5 tasting fee for non-members, but that's waved if you're contributing homebrew for one of the club competitions - either people's choice (any style accepted) or the official style of the month.

If you'd like to come check out a brew day sometime, you're more than welcome. If you plan on hanging out, we just ask that you bring some beer / snacks to share with the group. Feel free to send me a PM if you'd like more info!


__________________
Dallas area homebrewer? Check out the Dallas Homebrew Collective - a homebrew club that meets in Dallas city limits.
musikguru6 is offline
 
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
November 3, Learn to Homebrew Day- Seacoast Homebrew Club BrewinBigD New Hampshire HomeBrew Forum 0 11-02-2012 10:16 PM
My homebrew club is club of the week Airborneguy General Chit Chat 5 10-13-2011 02:06 AM
Central Virginia brew club meeting this eve CvilleKevin Cider Forum 0 11-09-2010 03:38 PM
Central Illinois - Need a homebrew club!!!! Schlenkerla General Chit Chat 13 05-11-2010 12:40 PM
Homebrew club in northern WI/Central UP Yooper General Chit Chat 9 01-28-2008 11:33 PM


Forum Jump

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS