Originally Posted by melamus
I'm new to making wine, and was wondering if anyone has any advice?
Boy where to start....
1. Keep things clean.
2. Sanitization is the utmost importance.
3. Use the best ingredients you can afford. It does make a difference. Yes, you can ferment Kool-aid, (some here do), you get what you pay for.
4. Do a search on this forum for various topics you need to research, most of the basics have been discussed.
5. Visit Jack Keller's wine making website, wealth of info there.
6. Did I mention sanitization? Yes, it is that important. I have yet to have a batch go bad.