Coldbreak Brewing HERMS Giveaway!

HomeBrewSupply AMCYL Brew Kettle Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > WLP653 + Motueka / Galaxy

Old 01-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #1
adamjackson
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 77 Times on 63 Posts
Likes Given: 162

Default WLP653 + Motueka / Galaxy

I was thinking about doing a low ABV, APA with a nice horsey funk.

From the White Labs site:
WLP653 Brettanomyces lambicus
High intensity Brett character. Defines the "Brett character": Horsey, smoky and spicy flavors. As the name suggests, this strain is found most often in Lambic style beers, which are spontaneously fermented beers. Also found in Flanders and sour brown style beers.
I saw in another thread here a post from Zamial about using a fruity hop, low ABV to complement the Brett strain.

I have 4 ounces of Galaxy in my freezer and 2 ounces of Citra. I've wanted to do a Motueka beer for a while but really should use up the galaxy I have. Any thoughts on that as a recipe?

=====

If that's a bad idea, what sort of recipes should I make with this yeast strain? I already have the strain. Trying to figure out what to do with it.

Untappd Profile

Old 03-30-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
nicklepickles
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Any updates on this? Ive recently become very interested in doing something very similar to what you had planned, did you ever get this brewed?

Old 03-30-2013, 06:08 AM   #3
Eliterunner1
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm not sure about the recipe, but I can tell you that Galaxy is a pretty amazing hop. Lots of bright mango and tropical fruit notes, some citrus. One of my new favorites.

Old 03-30-2013, 06:14 AM   #4
nicklepickles
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Im well aware of the delicious awesomeness that is galaxy, hehe, but im more curious about its (as well as other american/nz/australian fruity hops) mix with wlp653.