Update on why I've been MIA - Page 8 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Update on why I've been MIA

Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 AM   #71
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Some of them are very small things, but just things I forgot to mention to him. The idea that I can't call him up and tell him now is nearly unbearable to me.
I hope I am not out of place saying this, but you still have the chance to tell him those little things. Just go for a long walk and have a chat with him, in your own mind, he will be out there somewhere listening. I believe it.

Old 01-14-2013, 06:15 AM   #72
wolfstar

Recipes 

Apr 2009
Hidden Valley, Arizona
Liked 38 Times on 29 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post
Thank you all! I knew you would understand about the beer!

I miss him so much already. There were some things I forgot to tell him about the last time we talked (on Christmas).

And I keep thinking of those things, and then it hits me that he must already know.

Some of them are very small things, but just things I forgot to mention to him. The idea that I can't call him up and tell him now is nearly unbearable to me.
You will get a chance...when I lost my parents, I had feelings and regret of the same sort....Then one night a few weeks later, I dreamed we were just hanging out and chatting. It was very vivid and refreshing. I hope you can experience the same with the same feelings of comfort. A decade later, I still dream about my parents in the same way once in a while.

They never really leave us, remembering our parents is honoring them for what they gave us.

I am sorry for your loss, and hope you can have positive reflections

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hidden...82770901746380

Working to save unwanted Wolfdogs from euthenasia, and educating the public about the joys and trials of Wolfdog and other exotic canid companionship.

Old 01-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #73
jholen

Recipes 

Nov 2011
Sammamish, WA
Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #74
SusieBrew

Recipes 

Jun 2012
Nellysford, VA
Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

Yooper;
So sad to hear of the loss of your dad. Dads are special to us daughters so the loss can be so much harder. I used to caddie for my dad when I was 10 years old and that started my love of golf. Every time I am on a golf course and smell the grass, pick up a club, or enjoy a beverage at the 19th hole, I remember how much fun we used to have. I am sure you have similar memories that will continue to bring a smile to your face. Hold them dear and never forget.
All the best to you and your family.
Sue

Enjoying: Saison de Jardin, EdWort's Haus Pale Ale and Hefeweizen, White House Honey Ale