King Kooker 94/90TKD two tier jet burner first boil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orion7144

Reaction score
I finally got a chance due to weather to test my jet burner on my king kooker dual burner 2 tier setup. I bought a 15g aluminum kettle with valve and thermowell BIAB setup off of ebay. I needed to burn it in and the weather cooperated today. Stuck 14g of hose water (45f) into the kettle and cranked up the jet burner. Took 50 min to boil witch I thought was too long till I remembered I used water from the outside faucet. I am assuming my time will be reduced once I use my bottled water at room temp.

Tomorrow will be my first AG 10g batch outside. New years was two 5g batches on the electric stove that took ~8 hours. I am guessing I will cut that in half.

Have you brewed again with this stand? I'm considering building a setup around a king kooker but 50min is a long time.

Have you brewed again with this stand? I'm considering building a setup around a king kooker but 50min is a long time.

Yes I have multiple times. It took 50 min since the ground water was pretty cold. Bringing 68f water to 160 for mash is around 15-20 min in my stainless kettle. Once I put the mash water to the kettle and start the boil it is only around 20-25 to boil from 150f. That is with a 14g boil.

can you use the 15g kettles on the top tier?

i know this is an old thread but i was looking into getting one.

Yes you can, I have before with a 15 gallon converted keg and haven't had any problems. But the 2nd tier isn't high enough to gravity feed to the 1st tier. What I did was place the 2nd tier on the side with some modifications to make a one tier- 3 kettle stand. The steel is plenty strong for 13 gallons of wort full in a keggle.

I just got one and I am looking forward to brewing with it.
ordered a pump and I am looking for a CFC.

Hi - I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I just bought one of these bad boys and it's getting delivered today!

How did your mods go to make it into a 3-tier?

Hi - I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I just bought one of these bad boys and it's getting delivered today!

How did your mods go to make it into a 3-tier?

If you're referring to my post, I made a single tier, not a 3-tier. You could make a 3 tier, but it would require a lot more fabrication for your HLT on the top tier.

What's the final verdict on this for a brewstand? Obviously the price is impossible to beat for a brewstand if it works well.

I currently have a couple of Bayou Classic burners, but would like to get a little more organized and use gravity to move beer around a little easier.

My dream would be to purchase a Ruby Street setup, but this is SO MUCH more affordable.

Thoughts?

Cheers

Butch

I know this is an old post, but I have had this cart for a few years and now that I have moved to 10 gallon batches the burners are not enough. If there is a little wind I cannot get my wort boiling. If there is no wind it takes forever to get a minimal boil. I am not sure how you guys were having success, I was thinking of maybe upgrading the burners. Anyone upgrade the burners or have any tips?

Back