AG dunkelweizen with chocolate? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing > AG dunkelweizen with chocolate?

Old 01-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #1
PatDunkel
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hello,
I am planning to brew a dunkelweizen similar to the one in Jamil's classic styles book. To try and jazz it up a bit, I want to add some chocolate flavor to it. I'd like the flavor to be noticable but mild and not "in your face". What would you recommend I use for that effect? Cocoa nibs + vanilla beans in the secondary as mentioned here for porter recipes? Actual cocoa in the boil? Creme de cocoa? How much? I don't want a sweet mess, just a nice classic dunkelweizen with a hint of a nice chocolate flavor. Any input is much appreciated, I am pretty new to this.
Pat