digital thermomoter options or mods? - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > digital thermomoter options or mods?
Sign-up To NEW HBT Article Newsletter - Brewing Articles Direct To You!

Old 01-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
Yesfan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 153 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 581

Default digital thermomoter options or mods?

I have and use this digital thermometer/timer for my brews.

I've grown to love this thing when I brew. My only complaint is the short probe. When I use the clip, the probe sits right above the wort. Mashing is better since the grains raise the water level up more.

Has anyone used a longer probe and/or modify the probes on these types of thermo/timers to use in bigger kettles? I've thought about seeing if I can bend the probe to where it is straight to make it longer. Of course, I'll get an extra probe or two and not risk damaging the probe I already have if I do this. I also emailed Polder about seeing if they can offer a longer probe or make one available for us brewers. I think that would make this temp/timer a more valuable tool to our hobby.

Nooga Strong