Pretty successful day so far!
Added 1/3 of LME and DME at beginning
Brought to boil and added hops, boiled for 45 and added the rest of the fermentables. Boiled for 5 added hops and boiled again for 5.
Appears that I had a pretty high boil off but won't know till I put it in fermenting bucket. It's in an ice bath right now, stirring every 5 min or so. It's down to 93 after 20 min according to the digital fish tank thermo I bought. But seems to be stalling. I see why IC's are so handy between all the water/ice mess. I went through 4 bags of ice and having 2 more picked up for me. Almost to transition stage. The hops smelled really good while boiling. Wort smells alright right now, but nothing I would want to drink out of the brew pot. Ha. Yeast is rehydrating right now. Hopefully it will cool down here to around 70 soon!
One difficulty was definitely seeing the wort boil with all the wind, so much steam to see through. Definitely had 2 times where foam got 2-3 inches from top of 15g kettle. Might have had the heat a little high. Hopefully it doesn't have too bad effects on the beer.
Over and out.