Noob problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonyman

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Did up a kit beer from brewhouse a little while back and it doesn't have the proper taste to it. My buddy, who brews the same kits alot, says it tastes weaker than it should.

My SG was quite high at the end of the secondary fermentation about 1.022 should have been around 1.010 or so. I was going on vacation so I simple kegged it.

My question is: can I rack it back into the carboy and repitch the yeast to finish off the fermentation?

Thanks
Stony

If you want to try re-pitching then there is no need to rack it back to the carboy (just more risk of contamination). Just pitch in the keg. I typically use corny kegs as fermentors.

it's not an extract kit persay but a concentrated wort kit. Just add water and yeast. Too easy to F**K up but I managed:(

If I ferment in the cory it doesn't have a blow off tube or anything like that?

Thanks
Stony

That book is way old, and the quality of extracts is way better now. Having said that you should look into other flaws in your process (ie boil time ect). That or get your kit from a more reputable source. For me, I look at process over ingredient quality for problems any day. Good luck

Edited, Can you seperate the gas hose as a temporary blow-off tube?
I started saying liquid hose but i think pressure would force beer up dip-tube and out?

it's not an extract kit persay but a concentrated wort kit. Just add water and yeast. Too easy to F**K up but I managed:(

If I ferment in the cory it doesn't have a blow off tube or anything like that?

Thanks
Stony

Latest posts

Back