I like this time at night on HBT - Page 854 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Old 07-17-2013, 11:18 PM   #8531
mcbaumannerb
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2012
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Liked 6139 Times on 3533 Posts

Just finished getting a batch of Italian wine set-up in the fermenter (found a limited edition kit at the LHBS last weekend.). Won't be sampling that until end of next summer, but the wine pipeline is almost as full as the beer so there is plenty to go around. (not quite a brew day, but alcohol formation was started so I think it deserves a banana ... Or two )

Facebook: BEEr

BobbiLynn Likes This 
Old 07-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #8532
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 6694 Times on 3957 Posts

Good evening late niters. Over the hump day. It's all downhill from here.

Hope all is well. Dan, all packed up? Bobby, I do remember that pic. I don't like heights, so I was concerned for that guy. Bass is good eating.

I like the jazz singers, especially the latin stuff from Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66 and the like. I also like American jazz, Miles Davis & John Coltrane, and of course the recently departed Dave Brubeck.

This rendition of Brubeck's iconic Take Five is really interesting. It's really a fast latin-style version with some nutty scat and a story mixed in. Four your late night soundtrack, Al Jarreau. He's probably a bit stoned here.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:09 AM   #8533
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbaumannerb View Post
so I think it deserves a banana ... Or two )
I'll go for a banana dance on hump day! Sounds appropriate!

Leadgolem Likes This 
Old 07-18-2013, 02:36 AM   #8534
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Quote:
Just finished getting a batch of Italian wine set-up in the fermenter (found a limited edition kit at the LHBS last weekend.). Won't be sampling that until end of next summer, but the wine pipeline is almost as full as the beer so there is plenty to go around. (not quite a brew day, but alcohol formation was started so I think it deserves a banana ... Or two )
Mcbaumannerb, we are still going to meet up for a beer in Philly on Aug 1st, that Thursday evening? I think my son and I arrive 6:45 PM that day. Our hotel is only minutes from the train station. There is City Hall a couple blocks away and the trolley you can catch in front of city hall to go ride around and see some sights. If you are still up for it, about 8:30 PM on the 1st would be good for Michael and I. We'll really have to be back to the hotel and sleeping by 10 PM or at least by midnight. Go do the family thing, then we'll be back in Philadelphia, PA the nights of 4th and 5th of August. With more time on our hands on the way back.

Old 07-18-2013, 02:42 AM   #8535
mcbaumannerb

Recipes 

May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
Mcbaumannerb, we are still going to meet up for a beer in Philly on Aug 1st, that Thursday evening? I think my son and I arrive 6:45 PM that day. Our hotel is only minutes from the train station. There is City Hall a couple blocks away and the trolley you can catch in front of city hall to go ride around and see some sights. If you are still up for it, about 8:30 PM on the 1st would be good for Michael and I. We'll really have to be back to the hotel and sleeping by 10 PM or at least by midnight. Go do the family thing, then we'll be back in Philadelphia, PA the nights of 4th and 5th of August. With more time on our hands on the way back.

I'm going to try but this work project might get in the way (since I have to get ready for vacation.) Can I let you know on the Monday of that week?

Old 07-18-2013, 05:46 AM   #8536
snaps10
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Visalia, CA
Liked 173 Times on 119 Posts

It's my Friday morning. I hit myself in the man goods earlier this evening and have been having bouts of nausea for the past 3 hours. My partner doesn't know if he should feel bad or laugh. It's not funny. Ok, it kind of is.

I'm very tired today. Had some nasty calls last night and only got a few hours sleep the past few days. These next few days off are needed. I really need to mow the lawn. It's like a jungle now. Last week when I went to do it the temp was 108. That just wasn't going to happen. Tomorrow morning I'm shooting for getting it done before the baby wakes up. Then cleaning and organizing the garage a bit. Need to wire up the new pump so hopefully I can brew on Saturday.

Also, I got a liquid separation device coming.
It's an older one from a guy I race bikes with. I'll modify it a bit to better suit my needs. He's going to give me some pointers on how to use it. Should fit well on the brew stand.

Been digging these guys' style lately.
http://youtu.be/oajuSNChUOo

Leadgolem Likes This 
Old 07-18-2013, 10:09 AM   #8537
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Quote:
I'm going to try but this work project might get in the way (since I have to get ready for vacation.) Can I let you know on the Monday of that week?
Sure!

Dang, snaps, sorry to hear about your man goods. That sounds awful. Care to share how exactly that happened?

Old 07-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #8538
snaps10
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Visalia, CA

I was lifting an antique bed frame out of the car and using my thighs for leverage. Slipped off my thighs and up into the boys.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #8539
mcbaumannerb

Recipes 

May 2012

Ouch ... that definitely doesn't qualify as funny

So I take it you made it through the night okay and now your into the weekend?

Old 07-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #8540
snaps10
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Visalia, CA

Yup. Super busy night, which makes it go by fast.