I like this time at night on HBT - Page 641 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Old 05-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #6401
Subsailor
Life is Tough, Stupid makes it Tougher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Liked 534 Times on 339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Reminds me of the big 5 African game animals. Lions, leopards, rhinos, elephants, and African buffalo. The most deadly of the 5? The buffalo.
don't forget the lowly Hippos!
SSBN 641 B

Old 05-07-2013, 12:13 AM   #6402
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 7047 Times on 4175 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Bobcats and cougars scare the bejezuss out of me. I get them mixed up but think bobcats are smaller. Still scary cats. I've seen my loving little house cat in full blown predator mode. I wouldn't want to be on the preyville end of something bigger.
A year ago I spotted a bobcat on the fairway while I was golfing with my kids. I happened to be videotaping them, so I got it on tape. It's about 1000' from my house. Looked like a very large cat, or a small tiger, walking on the course. Cool.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:18 AM   #6403
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 7047 Times on 4175 Posts

Late nite crew, here's a blow to the Bob Dylan fans among you. This is the best version of the iconic song The Times They are a Changing. I just can't get enough of The Seekers. They are so, so good. Video's a little corny, sorry.

For your late night soundtrack...

Dan Likes This 
Old 05-07-2013, 12:27 AM   #6404
emjay

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
Late nite crew, here's a blow to the Bob Dylan fans among you. This is the best version of the iconic song The Times They are a Changing. I just can't get enough of The Seekers. They are so, so good. Video's a little corny, sorry.

For your late night soundtrack...

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNh5870rBkc
Dylan is an incredible lyricist and songwriter but a terrible performer.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:43 AM   #6405
Stauffbier
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Nov 2011
El Paso, TX
Liked 1048 Times on 641 Posts

I found me some cool glassware at Goodwill today. The German military is pulling out of our local base after many years of being here, so you can find a steady stream of German glassware here.

I'm test driving one of the glasses which has a phrase printed on it that you can see on my signature. It translates to; "Beer was his last word then the angels carried him away."...

Cheers friends!
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130506-00819.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	120455   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20130506-00820.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	36.1 KB
ID:	120456  

People Like This 
Old 05-07-2013, 01:08 AM   #6406
lschiavo
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Upper Peninsula of..., Michigan
Liked 1113 Times on 755 Posts

Quote:
There was a cougar on my property last year! Pretty big, but it just minded it's own business. Other animals I've seen here since moving here last January include whitetail, foxes, and wild turkeys running through. And you can hear the coyotes pretty much every single night, but still haven't spotted one.
That sounds like my backyard. The cougar hasn't been seen since the year before we moved in but it tried to take the neighbor's golden retriever.

Quote:
An adult moose with a penis.
Probably worthy of some envy. I haven't seen any meese yet in these parts though I hear they are around.

I was late to the camping party but I plan to to trade the wife's cousin some electrical work for a pop-up. I am seeing us semi-roughing it in the state forest with some nice waterfalls and hiking trails nearby. My three boys will scare off any deadly animals or more likely kill them...

People Like This 
Old 05-07-2013, 01:17 AM   #6407
lschiavo

Recipes 

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stauffbier View Post
"Beer was his last word then the angels carried him away."...
That's beautiful! I would like to go that way but I doubt beer would be my last word. It would hopefully be my last drink but my last word would probably be "#$#%".

People Like This 
Old 05-07-2013, 01:25 AM   #6408
Leadgolem

Recipes 

Jul 2012
Denver, Colorado
Liked 1046 Times on 784 Posts

I live in the city, but there was a bobcat on my back property once. Behind my property there is a big drainage ditch the local wildlife use as a highway through the city.

The blackberries are definitely dead. 4 of the grapes are definitely dead. The blueberries are dead. All three of the trees look dead, though I won't be sure for a another couple weeks. The only thing I'm sure is alive are some of the strawberries. I'm annoyed, $300 in plants and practically all of them are dead. The company that sent me some of them is stupid. The timing is all wrong for some of them. The late freeze here accounts for some more of the dead plants. I need to decide which of these I want to try and replace from local nursery stock.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #6409
lschiavo

Recipes 

Sep 2009

RV. Fits the camping theme. A deer just walked by my brew-shop window for effect...sorry you couldn't see it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ilIDkkD0jIg

Old 05-07-2013, 01:31 AM   #6410
lschiavo

Recipes 

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadgolem View Post
I live in the city, but there was a bobcat on my back property once. Behind my property there is a big drainage ditch the local wildlife use as a highway through the city.

The blackberries are definitely dead. 4 of the grapes are definitely dead. The blueberries are dead. All three of the trees look dead, though I won't be sure for a another couple weeks. The only thing I'm sure is alive are some of the strawberries. I'm annoyed, $300 in plants and practically all of them are dead. The company that sent me some of them is stupid. The timing is all wrong for some of them. The late freeze here accounts for some more of the dead plants. I need to decide which of these I want to try and replace from local nursery stock.
I feel your pain but I missed the transition. Do you think the bobcat is killing your plants? They are carnivores so probably not. Have you had the drainage water tested?