I like this time at night on HBT - Page 62 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Old 01-16-2013, 08:02 AM   #611
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Alright well some of those Barbies are looking kind of good so I think that's my cue to hit the hay. Goodnight all, and have a good morning.
LOL, good night.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #612
45_70sharps
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington
Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts

Good night BB!

Things aren't going so fast on here that I can't go make my daughters lunch and grab another beer without worrying about loosing my place!

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 01-16-2013, 08:09 AM   #613
45_70sharps
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington

Any of you late night people have a barleywine recipe you like that you want to share? Needs to be probably nothing over 8% alcohol because I want something that can finish out by July.
All grain is good, due to wanting to make sure I find time to brew it soon, an extract recipe might be better.
It's easier to find time for an extract beer when you are busy.

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Old 01-16-2013, 08:25 AM   #614
45_70sharps
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington

Heck I went and made lunch for my daughter, got coffee ready for the morning, checked out new threads and went to youtube to play some roy clark and still no activity on here!

Of course I'm the westerly most person on here and it's nearly 12:30 so that makes it as late as 3:30 for people like BobbiLynne. Either late or early.
I've got a guy up the road that drives log truck. He heads out to work at 3:00 and I couldn't tell you how high a percentage of the time I've listened to him go to work while I'm still on the couch in the last three years. A lot!

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Old 01-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #615
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 854 Times on 626 Posts

This thread is definitely moving to fast for me!

I'm on a cigar break right now at work. It's still raining and I have 6 cars out, which is amazing. We usually have 4, and that's by the skin of our teeth. The area we cover is less than 1 sq mile by the way.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:33 AM   #616
45_70sharps
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington

One square mile and you've got as many people on right now at 3:30 in the morning as the county would have mid day on for a special event weekend to cover the entire county here.
I think we've got one to two on at nights here for the entire county, plus a couple of town cops in three different towns in our county.
And our county is over 1200 square miles!

I was just thinking, six cars is probably 12 people!!! Six people would be a ton of people on for the county here.

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #617
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten

The numbers here are staggering. There's actually another car with 3 people in it that doesn't fall under me out also, plus myself and my driver. Keep in mind that our less than 1 square mile is populated by around 110,000 people and has 7 housing project developments with multiple buildings each.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #618
45_70sharps
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington

Yep, I understand why. Our entire county is about 20,000 people I think. That's probably three times what it was when I was a kid.

I can't imagine living somewhere with all those people and no open space.
I drive 30 miles to work every day.
It's 30 miles on a highway that's mostly in the woods and winds through the hills and big evergreens.

When I was at fort Belvoir Va for Army survey school in '83 I remember we had some time over thanksgiving and we had a choice of taking leave or pulling extra duty.
We took leave. We were trying to decide where to go and one of the guys suggested New York city. I figured that Washington DC was as big of a city as I ever wanted to see.
I can't imagine what it's like to have that many people, never see elk or deer in your yard and not drive past good salmon and sturgeon fishing when you head out.
Probably never know what quiet is like there!

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Old 01-16-2013, 08:55 AM   #619
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten

I've posted pictures on this forum of deer less than 30' from my house. I walk my dog in the woods every so often and he chases them. You'd be surprised what exists right here in the city. Some of the best striper fishing on the east coast is right down the block from my house off the beaches too. Now obviously there's no deer where I work in manhattan, but they have captured coyotes in Central Park from time to time.

Old 01-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #620
45_70sharps
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington

Coyotes don't surprise me. Them, raccoons and opossums can adapt to anyplace.
The deer is a bit of a surprise to me though!

Isn't central park something like a square mile? I know that it's big.

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit