I like this time at night on HBT - Page 6 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2013, 03:15 AM   #51
BobbiLynn
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Posts: 2,951
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts


I hope you got some work and some sleep done, Dan. Missed you for a couple days there...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:33 AM   #52
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
BBL_Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Kokomo, IN
Posts: 3,704
Liked 440 Times on 303 Posts


Must be getting toward the end of this keg because the pint I just poured is money.
__________________
Slots Down Brewery
Stick with the plan....not the sparge.


Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.


 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:37 AM   #53
BobbiLynn
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Posts: 2,951
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BBL_Brewer View Post
Must be getting toward the end of this keg because the pint I just poured is money.
Like pure gold? Do you think ABV increases towards the bottom of the keg or does it just seem that way?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:42 AM   #54
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
BBL_Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Kokomo, IN
Posts: 3,704
Liked 440 Times on 303 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
Like pure gold? Do you think ABV increases towards the bottom of the keg or does it just seem that way?
I think it just goes down way too easy.
__________________
Slots Down Brewery
Stick with the plan....not the sparge.


Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.


 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #55
BobbiLynn
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Posts: 2,951
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BBL_Brewer View Post
I think it just goes down way too easy.
I'm hitting the bottom of a keg tonight too, need to free it up, make room for something new. Keg is starting to spit a little, yum!!! Goes down really well.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:02 AM   #56
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
BBL_Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Kokomo, IN
Posts: 3,704
Liked 440 Times on 303 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
I'm hitting the bottom of a keg tonight too, need to free it up, make room for something new. Keg is starting to spit a little, yum!!! Goes down really well.
I hate it when I almost get a pint poured and then BAM a big ole yeast hocker comes shooting out as the keg kicks. Sometimes when I know I'm close I'll just keep pouring 1/4 pints or so until it kicks. Makes for too many trips up and down the stairs though, my keggerator is in the basement.
__________________
Slots Down Brewery
Stick with the plan....not the sparge.


Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.


 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #57
BobbiLynn
Recipes 
 
Nov 2012
Posts: 2,951
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts


LOL, I'm doing that, pouring 1/4 pints, lots of trips, but this way, I can dump out the yeast clumps without wasting too much. Nothing like the bottom of the barrel...

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:24 AM   #58
bottlebomber
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Posts: 14,345
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BBL_Brewer

I hate it when I almost get a pint poured and then BAM a big ole yeast hocker comes shooting out as the keg kicks. Sometimes when I know I'm close I'll just keep pouring 1/4 pints or so until it kicks. Makes for too many trips up and down the stairs though, my keggerator is in the basement.
You should run the lines through the wall, and have the taps by the bedside

 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:49 AM   #59
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
BBL_Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Feb 2011
Kokomo, IN
Posts: 3,704
Liked 440 Times on 303 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
You should run the lines through the wall, and have the taps by the bedside
I've done the math...I'd have to overcarbonate to push it upstairs unless I get some better tubing with less resistance. I've had a remote tower build in the back of my mind for a while now. So many builds so little time.
__________________
Slots Down Brewery
Stick with the plan....not the sparge.


Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.


 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:59 AM   #60
Ryush806
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Ryush806's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Shreveport, Louisiana
Posts: 789
Liked 92 Times on 64 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by BBL_Brewer

I've done the math...I'd have to overcarbonate to push it upstairs unless I get some better tubing with less resistance. I've had a remote tower build in the back of my mind for a while now. So many builds so little time.
Beer gas?
__________________
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
- Benjamin Franklin (and I don't care if this quote has been largely discredited/misquoted...I like it!)

Beer, if drank with moderation, softens the temper, cheers the spirit and promotes health.
- Thomas Jefferson

 
Reply With Quote


Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You know you had a good time last night... mjdonnelly68 Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling 12 08-31-2013 02:15 PM
Bottled for the first time last night..... smithnick0 Bottling/Kegging 1 04-29-2011 01:18 PM
First time doing AG last night. Goog SG? gfyrasng All Grain & Partial Mash Brewing 4 05-30-2010 02:57 AM
So when you draw from your keg for the first time that day/night... Stevorino Bottling/Kegging 10 05-06-2009 04:44 PM
kegged for first time last night TDorty3 Bottling/Kegging 20 06-23-2007 01:24 PM


Forum Jump