I like this time at night on HBT - Page 5 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Old 01-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #41
GunnyB
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy
Ugh, bad stabbing. My night just turned to crap.
Is there ever good stabbing? I for one enjoy HBT to get me through nights on patrol. I've never been a fan of night shift...something about coming to work on one day and going home the next, then going back to work the same day.

Dan Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #42
45_70sharps

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington
Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts

Stabbings, murders, I don't know how you guys deal with that all the time.

My ex father in law was a cop working night shift most of his career . He loved it.
We're pretty rural here so he didn't do crap. He would get another cop and sit around his house and play video games when he wasn't meeting up somewhere with another cop to drink coffee and talk about how bad they were.
Danger for them was busting some teenage punk that broke into a house or was selling a little pot, and that wasn't very often.

Not the same world as where you guys are. Bad things happen at night in the city.

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 01-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #43
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunnyB View Post
Is there ever good stabbing? I for one enjoy HBT to get me through nights on patrol. I've never been a fan of night shift...something about coming to work on one day and going home the next, then going back to work the same day.
I've been on midnights most of my career, favorite tour by far.

Any stabbing where one of my cops isn't hurt and the vic doesn't die is a good one by me.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:22 AM   #44
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45_70sharps View Post
Bad things happen at night in the city.
The only way I'd ever have it.

You should see us too. We're all small, scrappy guys (and gals). Cops in other parts of the country are surprised when they meet a bunch of NYPD cops. Everywhere else cops are big galoots, but never deal with 1/3 of the crap we deal with.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:01 AM   #45
45_70sharps

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post

The only way I'd ever have it.

You should see us too. We're all small, scrappy guys (and gals). Cops in other parts of the country are surprised when they meet a bunch of NYPD cops. Everywhere else cops are big galoots, but never deal with 1/3 of the crap we deal with.
Most the cops around here are young guys getting a foot in the door so they can move on to a better department, or large, soft and don't like to do much.
They have very little in common with professional officers in serious departments and wouldn't make it there.
Bravery isn't common.

I suppose that works for someplace where not much happens and there isn't a lot to attract serious career men ( or women ).

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Old 01-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #46
45_70sharps

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington

Accidental double post

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Old 01-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #47
GunnyB
Recipes 

Sep 2012
Liked 21 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45_70sharps

Most the cops around here are young guys getting a foot in the door so they can move on to a better department, or large, soft and don't like to do much.
They have very little in common with professional officers in serious departments and wouldn't make it there.
Bravery isn't common.

I suppose that works for someplace where not much happens and there isn't a lot to attract serious career men ( or women ).
It's all about their surroundings. Sometimes it can be quite surprising to see someone "step up to plate" when subjected to entirely different surroundings. Most of my babble comes from military experience though.

On that note...I've taken my sleeping pill with a Sam Adams to wash it down. Good night (day) y'all.

Dan Likes This 
Old 01-06-2013, 05:55 PM   #48
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

I dunno, I don't think someone my size has any advantages as a cop. You have intimidation factor, but that doesn't usually count for much because you're not allowed to be the aggressor in a situation as far as I know. Plus I'm easy to see, and shoot at. You'd have to be blind to miss me at 20 yards. I can run pretty fast, but if I had to tackle someone it's going to be ugly, not a clean tackle, more like a train wreck with both of us sustaining moderate to severe injuries. If I had to be a cop I would rather be smaller. I mean if things get out of hand you can always shoot or stun people right?

Old 01-08-2013, 03:10 AM   #49
Dan

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Liked 2195 Times on 1376 Posts

I did say something about taking a little time off from HBT. Nothing about not wanting to listen to ramblings but I spend to much time here. I'm an expert at rambling and do enjoy a good rambling any day; to a day at work.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:13 AM   #50
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I did say something about taking a little time off from HBT. Nothing about not wanting to listen to ramblings but I spend to much time here. I'm an expert at rambling and do enjoy a good rambling any day; to a day at work.
Everyone knows you're just the Rambler... Didn't they make a song about you?? Or was that the Wanderer??

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Dan Likes This