I like this time at night on HBT - Page 376 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Old 02-18-2013, 10:44 PM   #3751
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

On a side note, I'm so glad doctors have been able to supply hubby with so many replacement parts and he's still running. Well, not literally running, but he can move forward at his own pace. His speeds are slow and stop unfortunately. If they can just replace the alternator, we'd be all set. That would keep his batteries charged.

He has a medical ID thing now just for facing a metal detector. I will start calling him robo-hubby.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #3752
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

I guess to hurry a pot of chili, same idea as brewing, partial boil then add water as needed at the end. No time for a full boil! Must meld flavors quickly.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #3753
opus345
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Mar 2012
Omaha, Nebraska
Liked 177 Times on 133 Posts

BL,

Glad to hear he is mobile. Sometimes these docs do pretty amazing stuff. I have a BIL who is a family practice doc.

Six months ago our daughter gave birth to her baby boy on the bedroom floor after she sent hubby to work in the morning. She gathered up the baby, called 911, and was even able to give them the garage door code when they arrived. Wife is a Mother/Baby nurse and noticed that afternoon that the baby's color and temp was a little off, so she had a NICU doc come take a look. Yup, he had the start of an infection. Ended up spending 18 days in NICU with a couple really scary nights. Now you look at him and couldn't tell.

Daughter commented later that when the paramedics arrived she realized she had 6 big, good looking guys standing around her in the house and she didn't have hardly any clothes on at all. Don't think anyone noticed/cared at that point in time.

Thoughts and prayers are with you and the hubby.

Take care!

Sleepycat Brewery

Old 02-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #3754
Airplanedoc
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Illinois, Outside the peoples Republic of Madigan
Liked 394 Times on 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post

He has a medical ID thing now just for facing a metal detector. I will start calling him robo-hubby.
My dad has a defibulator, that no medical detector card can sometimes work wonders in lines at the airport and other places. Last time I traveled with him, we didn't have to wait in line, he just showed a security person his card and they pulled both of us out of the line and we walked past everyone (me as his bag boy) and each got a quick pat down, no metal detector, no x ray, no bomb sniffer and we were gone.

I ask his dr if he would just implant the old one under my skin, and get me a card but he said no.

Old 02-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #3755
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho
Liked 663 Times on 416 Posts

It is amazing what they can do. But they still cannot cur the common cold

Well I am sick and tired of sitting on the hot pad. I am going to brew tonight if it kills me. I got one of those garden carts that I can put the boil kettle on and wheel it around so I do not have to lift it. Only part that will be tough I think is getting the fermenter into the fermenter chamber. Might have to get the wife to help there.

Man I hate taking the pills and sitting on the hot pad watching the news. Been 4 months since I took the pills last time. I really hate taking them since they tear my stomach up and put me into next week. Nope just give me a beer and I am happy

Old 02-18-2013, 11:43 PM   #3756
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho

You know why I hate taking the pills so much. Yesterday my dad called and asked me if I wanted a sound recording of my moms funeral. I was higher than a kite on those stupid pills and was expected to give a cognitive answer.

What do you say to something like that. Mom has been gone for years. First time in months I took the stupid pills and I get hit with that.

And no I really do not know how I replied. Hoping I made sense though

Old 02-19-2013, 12:15 AM   #3757
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Sorry you have to take those dang pills. Hell, when my son was born, I had been given drugs and didn't even remember what I named him until the birth certificate came in the mail. Can't believe they even asked me to fill it out at that time, without no one else present to correct me about the name we had chosen. Oh well, my son loves his name. For the first 2 weeks I called him Jeremy, and that wasn't even his name.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:19 AM   #3758
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
Sorry you have to take those dang pills. Hell, when my son was born, I had been given drugs and didn't even remember what I named him until the birth certificate came in the mail. Can't believe they even asked me to fill it out at that time, without no one else present to correct me about the name we had chosen. Oh well, my son loves his name. For the first 2 weeks I called him Jeremy, and that wasn't even his name.
I am thinking I will have to go in and see the Dr this time. They will give me steroids that seems to help a bunch and at least I do not lose track of the days.

I really am a lightweight when it comes to pills. Heck I am a light weight when it comes to beer as well

No matter I am going to brew tonight even though I do not need to. Be kind of nice to be doing something.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:24 AM   #3759
TNGabe
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Liked 2281 Times on 1538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygumble

There's a forum here for sours (Lambic and wild brewing). Brett adds that...funk flavor. Lacto adds the sour. I have had a few great wild beers and tried to duplicate. Meh, its good (I am proud for my first attempt) but not competition good. But the women were hoping for the syrup sweet Lindemans Lambic Framboise. There are NO residual sugars in my beer. (1.002). Dry as a desert.

So I just tossed the question in here instead of the lambic forum first, partly just to say thanks for welcoming me into this great thread.

Shouldda left those beers go for a year or two that you dumped! lol.
If you want lindeman's just dump artificial Sweetner in it and water it down to 2.5 abv

Old 02-19-2013, 12:29 AM   #3760
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Since when is brewing on a "need to" basis? Be careful. Well, have been times when I felt brewing was a "need to" basis, running out!!! That must not happen!!! Must have at least 5 cases of beer at all times! Never know when you'll hit a dry spell and not time/no able to brew. Stock piles... that's the answer... stock piles.... I got close to 5 cases now. Meteorite hits and all hell breaks loose, I got beer.