I like this time at night on HBT - Page 373 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Old 02-17-2013, 10:17 PM   #3721
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced_Canuck View Post
Heck ya! Mostly bitters and some milds, but there were some interesting gems in the pile, including a couple porters, a treacle stout (prob my favorite), and a couple American Pale Ales. the "wildest" was probably a UK mild with cherries and chocolate. It was, uhmn, "interesting". The Camra folks were awesome, very friendly and chatty. I was impressed at how intrigued they are with the beer revolution that's been happening in the US.

You can see the pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Boston...081975?fref=ts and some pics from the Friday (when I attended) http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1081975&type=1 (I'm in the teal/turquoise jacket).

Interestingly enough, they serve in half (10oz) or full pints (20oz) only. Yowza.

MC
Wow, great turn out! That place looks packed!

Added: Never heard of the term "meat bee" either. Apparently they are the same thing as yellow jackets. Will work on destroying them when I get feeling a little better.

Old 02-17-2013, 11:11 PM   #3722
mcbaumannerb
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2012
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Liked 6139 Times on 3533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmintman
Man I blew my back out a couple of days ago. Stupid pain pills are like drinking a 6 pack

Hoping it gets better soon so I can brew. Not because I need the beer but dang I am getting bored right out of my head.
Sorry to hear about the back. Hope you're feeling better and moving around soon.

Facebook: BEEr

Old 02-18-2013, 12:02 AM   #3723
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Kokomo, IN
Liked 440 Times on 303 Posts

My backs a little tweaked today too. Not out, but not happy. Seems like the second day after a hard workout is always the worst.

Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.

Old 02-18-2013, 12:17 AM   #3724
mcbaumannerb

Recipes 

May 2012

So today I started renovating a 9x8 room that I'm turning into the wine and beer cellar. First step - chisel up 72 square feet of linoleum tiles. Seemed like for every time I managed to hit the chisel with the hammer I smacked my hand twice!

Luckily some wine and now beer is making the pain fade...

Old 02-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #3725
mcbaumannerb

Recipes 

May 2012

Where is everyone tonight? I love the raspiness of her voice...

iaefebs Likes This 
Old 02-18-2013, 03:07 AM   #3726
ruralbrew
Recipes 

Jun 2011
Strum, WI
Liked 99 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmintman View Post
Man I blew my back out a couple of days ago. Stupid pain pills are like drinking a 6 pack
I feel your pain. I was at the doctor last week and he said I probably have a pinched nerve in my back causing the leg pain I have been having. No pain pills though, I am sticking with ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation. If I mask the pain with something stronger I usually end up doing something stupid that makes matters worse. Slowly getting better, either that or I am just getting used to it. Like my shoulders, neck and knees. This getting old sucks, maybe I need to soak nekkid in a hot tub for a while. Bobbi, that hot tub filled and heated up yet?

I may be ignorant but that doesn't stop me from having an opinion

mcbaumannerb Likes This 
Old 02-18-2013, 03:14 AM   #3727
mcbaumannerb

Recipes 

May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruralbrew View Post
I feel your pain. I was at the doctor last week and he said I probably have a pinched nerve in my back causing the leg pain I have been having. No pain pills though, I am sticking with ibuprofen to reduce the inflammation. If I mask the pain with something stronger I usually end up doing something stupid that makes matters worse. Slowly getting better, either that or I am just getting used to it. Like my shoulders, neck and knees. This getting old sucks, maybe I need to soak nekkid in a hot tub for a while. Bobbi, that hot tub filled and heated up yet?
I agree ... Why can't we all stay 39? Bobbi - have any advice to those of us feeling too much age?

Old 02-18-2013, 03:38 AM   #3728
mcbaumannerb

Recipes 

May 2012

About to head to bed. Even though I'm off tomorrow I have a lot to do around the house tomorrow. I'll leave you with this gem. I loveTraffic - even if they are all high in this video.

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSQ1akE2CcM&sns=em"[/URL]

Old 02-18-2013, 03:39 AM   #3729
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Just a little bit and the hot tub will be warmed up, boiling big kettles of water to speed up the process!!

Hmmm... how to stay 39 forever... First, never let anyone see your ID. You can also try putting duct tape on your face to smooth out any wrinkles. Oh, and lots of sleep.

Old 02-18-2013, 03:42 AM   #3730
mcbaumannerb

Recipes 

May 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
Hmmm... how to stay 39 forever... Oh, and lots of sleep.
Why do I think you're not the expert on lots of sleep?

Dynachrome Likes This