I like this time at night on HBT - Page 318 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Old 02-11-2013, 01:31 AM   #3171
barneygumble
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Pittsfield, MA
Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Its Thursday late morning for me. Working from 2pm today till 6 am tomorrow. Overnight double. Ugh.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #3172
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Kokomo, IN
Liked 440 Times on 303 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cygnus_X1 View Post
Heh, Midlands South Carolinian myself.

I do have a bottling wand.
Not as concerned about bottling method as I am about using a spigot to go from primary to secondary.
All of my vessels are either buckets or Mr. Beer containers.

I still have one in the fermenter to be dealt with as far as siphoning goes, but after that all of my buckets will get spigots.
Thanks all!

I used to use bottling buckets so that I could transfer easily after fermentation. Not a wise choice. Those crappy spigots will leak on you. Maybe not the first couple times, but they will leak. It doesn't make much of a mess, but it makes it almost impossible to sanitize the spigot before you transfer. After a while, you figure out it's better to rack from the top anyway. Less sediment to worry about. It you're going into secondary though, the sediment isn't a concern.

Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:34 AM   #3173
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho
Liked 663 Times on 416 Posts

But the OT will be nice.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #3174
Airplanedoc

Recipes 

Sep 2011
Illinois, Outside the peoples Republic of Madigan
Liked 394 Times on 273 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
Not a bad idea. Some friends were talking about hosting a musical event here on the property as a fund raiser for hubby. We are paying out of pocket for his medications and medical supplies. Live music/auction... sounds good. There is even a Jaguar(sports car) in [almost] running condition and looks pretty good. Not sure the year, but it's been in the barn covered for almost 15 years. We also found so much cast iron cookware, 40+ pieces that can be cleaned up with hubby's oxygenator machine thing. Like a current that runs to a huge metal tub, drop rusty stuff into it and in a couple days, no more rust. Yeah, time to get to work, raise some money, keep this farm going strong.
Just build a big fire preferably with hardwood, and throw the cast iron in it. Heat till its all red for a hour or so then remove from the fire and let cool. Then all you have to do is season them up with oil. Much quicker than cleaning with electrical current, you can also clean up a bunch of it at the same time.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:38 AM   #3175
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Kokomo, IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
Its Thursday late morning for me. Working from 2pm today till 6 am tomorrow. Overnight double. Ugh.
I bet you're good at confusing your drinking buddies. Hey Barney, what day is it?

Old 02-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #3176
barneygumble
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Pittsfield, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmintman View Post
But the OT will be nice.
OT is nice. Not that nice, tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBL_Brewer View Post
I bet you're good at confusing your drinking buddies. Hey Barney, what day is it?
My schedule is a bitch. Hate it, but it comes with the territory. (power plant).

The whole world is working monday-friday days, and when the cool stuff goes on, during their weekends, its my mid week. How come none of this stuff happens on Wed? And dont say no one would go, cuz I would!

Old 02-11-2013, 01:50 AM   #3177
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Feb 2011
Kokomo, IN

At least you have a good, stable job. Power will always be in demand.

Old 02-11-2013, 01:50 AM   #3178
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 854 Times on 626 Posts

Quote:
My schedule is a bitch. Hate it, but it comes with the territory. (power plant).

The whole world is working monday-friday days, and when the cool stuff goes on, during their weekends, its my mid week. How come none of this stuff happens on Wed? And dont say no one would go, cuz I would!
This thread started out to be for people who keep strange hours.

I work nights, 2300-0800, with rotating days off. Two days off one week, three days the next, pushing my "weekends" (we call them swings) up one day every other week. I actually enjoy both aspects of my schedule. Being off in the middle of the week is great when you have young kids. It's even better when you're anti-social.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:01 AM   #3179
barneygumble
Recipes 

Apr 2012
Pittsfield, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
This thread started out to be for people who keep strange hours.

I work nights, 2300-0800, with rotating days off. Two days off one week, three days the next, pushing my "weekends" (we call them swings) up one day every other week. I actually enjoy both aspects of my schedule. Being off in the middle of the week is great when you have young kids. It's even better when you're anti-social.
Kids are gone. All growed up. And I do like going to functions on weekends. But I've been doing this all my adult life. It is stable and pays the bills. What do you do? Oh and we call "swings" what I do. I work three second and two third shifts a week. A swing shift.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:03 AM   #3180
Cygnus_X1
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Liked 25 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Definitely NOT. a good idea.
Oh...OK.
Guess I'm still a little peeved I couldn't get a siphon going no matter what I tried.

Hope the autosiphon at the LBHS will be OK, that's what I'll get.