I like this time at night on HBT - Page 316 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Old 02-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #3151
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho
Liked 663 Times on 416 Posts

And it looks like you might need a blow off tube soon. I went back to Army surplus yesterday to buy those 15 gallon buckets and they were gone already

But I found boxes of thermometers that you could screw into a brew pot for 15 bucks. Heavy duty ones they looked like

Old 02-10-2013, 11:44 PM   #3152
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Selling junk is a lot of work. Lots of digging around, wrestling with car parts, trying to find tractor parts... We have 25+ old broken down cars and trucks and massive amounts of other things. 2 campers. Some neat looking metal lockers, like old shop lockers with the top shelf and place to hang stuff. Used to be painted red and you can see into them, you know not solid metal, like grid pattern whatever you call it. Going to put one in my shed because I just like the rustic way it looks. Just so much stuff it's overwhelming, 3 generations of hoarders attributed to the collection. Need to call American Pickers, they would be impressed, rusty stuff as far as the eye can see. Huge barn packed full then 1-2 acres behind it with stuff everywhere. Coolers alone, at least 30, in various shapes and sizes. Old, good quality ones. Might be able to put those in the classified section here.

One word... overwhelming... glad hubby agreed to start selling some stuff. We got a bunch of pictures today but my nephew has the memory card thing with all the pics on it. He's going to start putting some stuff on craigslist.

Long day....

Old 02-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #3153
mcbaumannerb
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

May 2012
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Liked 6139 Times on 3533 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
Selling junk is a lot of work. Lots of digging around, wrestling with car parts, trying to find tractor parts... We have 25+ old broken down cars and trucks and massive amounts of other things. 2 campers. Some neat looking metal lockers, like old shop lockers with the top shelf and place to hang stuff. Used to be painted red and you can see into them, you know not solid metal, like grid pattern whatever you call it. Going to put one in my shed because I just like the rustic way it looks. Just so much stuff it's overwhelming, 3 generations of hoarders attributed to the collection. Need to call American Pickers, they would be impressed, rusty stuff as far as the eye can see. Huge barn packed full then 1-2 acres behind it with stuff everywhere. Coolers alone, at least 30, in various shapes and sizes. Old, good quality ones. Might be able to put those in the classified section here.

One word... overwhelming... glad hubby agreed to start selling some stuff. We got a bunch of pictures today but my nephew has the memory card thing with all the pics on it. He's going to start putting some stuff on craigslist.

Long day....
Good luck in selling you're unneeded stuff - simplifies your life and gets you some cash - win-win!

Just make sure either someone is with you when someone from Craigslist shows up, or at a minimum let someone know every time someone is supposed to come out. A lot of weird and scary people troll Craigslist.

Facebook: BEEr

Old 02-11-2013, 12:03 AM   #3154
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbaumannerb View Post
Good luck in selling you're unneeded stuff - simplifies your life and gets you some cash - win-win!

Just make sure either someone is with you when someone from Craigslist shows up, or at a minimum let someone know every time someone is supposed to come out. A lot of weird and scary people troll Craigslist.
My nephew is going to handle a lot of the selling. He's out of work right now. Give him a commission. He'll have to call me when anyone comes over, so I can be there for his protection. Also found over a dozen scales, measuring everything from grams and ounces up to a 2 ton scale. And enough tools to open a store, duplicates of lots of stuff. They couldn't find the tool obviously so had to go buy a new one!

We'll, hopefully-if we find enough buyers, be able to even hire help to get our spring crops in the ground and have plenty enough money to last us until harvest time. I am beat, both physically and mentally. Probably won't be doing much partying on here tonight but who knows...

Old 02-11-2013, 12:16 AM   #3155
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho
Liked 663 Times on 416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
My nephew is going to handle a lot of the selling. He's out of work right now. Give him a commission. He'll have to call me when anyone comes over, so I can be there for his protection. Also found over a dozen scales, measuring everything from grams and ounces up to a 2 ton scale. And enough tools to open a store, duplicates of lots of stuff. They couldn't find the tool obviously so had to go buy a new one!

We'll, hopefully-if we find enough buyers, be able to even hire help to get our spring crops in the ground and have plenty enough money to last us until harvest time. I am beat, both physically and mentally. Probably won't be doing much partying on here tonight but who knows...
Might pay to have a auction Bobbi. Sounds like you have enough stuff to do so.

I am not going to party tonight either. Took a nap today and still feeling wiped out. But I woke from my nap to a room smelling of wonderful fermentation

mcbaumannerb Likes This 
Old 02-11-2013, 12:28 AM   #3156
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmintman View Post
Might pay to have a auction Bobbi. Sounds like you have enough stuff to do so.

I am not going to party tonight either. Took a nap today and still feeling wiped out. But I woke from my nap to a room smelling of wonderful fermentation
Not a bad idea. Some friends were talking about hosting a musical event here on the property as a fund raiser for hubby. We are paying out of pocket for his medications and medical supplies. Live music/auction... sounds good. There is even a Jaguar(sports car) in [almost] running condition and looks pretty good. Not sure the year, but it's been in the barn covered for almost 15 years. We also found so much cast iron cookware, 40+ pieces that can be cleaned up with hubby's oxygenator machine thing. Like a current that runs to a huge metal tub, drop rusty stuff into it and in a couple days, no more rust. Yeah, time to get to work, raise some money, keep this farm going strong.

mcbaumannerb Likes This 
Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #3157
TNGabe
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Liked 2281 Times on 1538 Posts

Bobbi, you just keep getting more and more interesting. Did you say your in Carolina? Which one? I love rusty old junk!

Old 02-11-2013, 12:42 AM   #3158
Cygnus_X1
Recipes 

Jan 2013
Liked 25 Times on 19 Posts

Hope it all works out well for everyone BobbiLynn.

I need to spend more time in the beginner threads and FAQ's.
But I have not seen this really dumb question:

Why do we siphon out of buckets?
Why not just use a spigot and hose when going to secondary or direct bottling?

Given my experience last night of not being able to maintain a siphon and finally just pouring the beer through a metal coffee strainer to get it out...
And, yes there were bubbles on top of each bottle as the wife capped.
I left plenty of room in the bottles for fear of what I had wrought!

I'm sure they will be drinkable, just not premium.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:43 AM   #3159
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 854 Times on 626 Posts

Depending on the age of the car, maybe one of those reality shows will be interested.

Old 02-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #3160
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Some music....

Varmintman Likes This