I like this time at night on HBT - Page 267 - Home Brew Forums
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Old 02-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #2661
Airplanedoc
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Illinois, Outside the peoples Republic of Madigan
Liked 394 Times on 273 Posts

3 hots and a cot probably beats his normal situation.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:13 PM   #2662
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 854 Times on 626 Posts

I love the charges. We don't arrest people for that stuff. If its not at least assault, it's really nothing.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:15 PM   #2663
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2132 Times on 1409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I love the charges. We don't arrest people for that stuff. If its not at least assault, it's really nothing.
"no officer, while it is true that I am drunk, I would swear on a stack of bibles that I am not disorderly"

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 02-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #2664
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY

If the NYPD cracked down on public intoxication most of the neighborhoods in Manhattan would pretty much fold. Hell, Chelsea has been where NYU goes to vomit for decades now.

I have seen NYPD give people crap for open containers though. In my opinion thats kind of weak sauce.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #2665
Airplanedoc
Recipes 

Sep 2011
Illinois, Outside the peoples Republic of Madigan
Liked 394 Times on 273 Posts

Quote:
I would think if you arrested every drunk and disorderly, your jail system wouldn't hold them all would it, just from the sheer number of people in NYC, that could be a lot of drunk idiots.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #2666
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 854 Times on 626 Posts

Creamy, open containers are illegal in the city. Over all, I actually agree with the law because its usually the only way to shut down out door 'parties' on the sidewalks at 3 am driving the neighborhood nuts.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:27 PM   #2667
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY

Quote:
Creamy, open containers are illegal in the city. Over all, I actually agree with the law because its usually the only way to shut down out door 'parties' on the sidewalks at 3 am driving the neighborhood nuts.
I agree on that, and I know its illegal, but I think giving the 70 year old Greek man a chance to toss out his brown-bag brewsky would be a good thing. I have memories of an incident that didn't sit well with me about a year ago. Of course, I have no context, maybe this old fool is constantly getting in trouble for this, but in broken English he offered to throw it away and they really got up in his face and wrote him a citation.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:30 PM   #2668
Subsailor
Life is Tough, Stupid makes it Tougher
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2011
Prescott Valley, Arizona
Liked 534 Times on 339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmintman View Post
Long post and not much worth reading but it is a vindication of my beliefs.
...a lot of time to ponder our meaning in life. Be it a belief in god or whatever that gives you direction in life I would like to know and understand your beliefs. I am not judgmental and if you would rather write it down and PM me I would like that as well. I am trying to sort all this out in my bean though and I am hoping hearing about some of your beliefs will help.
Thank you for sharing Varmintman.
I believe very much in what goes around, comes around. I feel that it is my duty to teach those who come into my life, whether we share a few, days, months or years; that life it too short to carry grudges or to treat each other with ill will.
I wish you well my friend!

I don't post often and do a lot of reading but this thread has become one of my favorites. Thank you.
SSBN 641 B

People Like This 
Old 02-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #2669
TNGabe
Recipes 

Aug 2012
Liked 2281 Times on 1538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
Last fight I was in ended with me taking a 2x4 across the face. I still have a scar in my eyebrow to show for it. Knocked me out cold. That could have ended much more badly, as you are suggesting. I don't think I ever won a fight.

Now for my puppy!

Non sequitur much? This is possibly the best post I have ever seen on any forum.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #2670
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY

For all my myriad good attributes (*cue laughtrack*) one of my major failings is my ability to hold a grundge pretty much indefinitely. It doesnt help that the one time I buried the hatchet with someone after he made what I thought was a heartfelt effort to reconcile he later slapped a female friend of ours across the face.