I like this time at night on HBT - Page 266 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Old 02-05-2013, 08:28 AM   #2651
Dan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2010
Makakilo, Hawaii
Liked 2204 Times on 1381 Posts

Just throwing this out there. This thread is awesome because of the amazing people sharing here. Seems it was a bit quiet today. It's Monday.

I'm working weird hours again this week. Hope to keep up with you all.

Keep on keeping on.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:41 AM   #2652
Punity
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jun 2012
Cosi, Warshington
Liked 369 Times on 308 Posts

I was hooked on reading the wet shaving thread all night at work. Bastards converted me haha.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #2653
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Man, our arrest logs are so crazy to look through.. They should make high school kids look at these, to scare them straight. Here's a cute one. Arrested for public intoxication and instigating a fight. Looks like he shouldn't have done that.
Is that a missing eye and do you think he lost it in the fight?

Last time I was in a physical fight (except for the time that the guy hit me with my hat on the top of my head) I was in the 11th grade. He walked away with a strawberry with his cheek and I had sore knuckles. The idea of losing an eye never really occured to me (and I'm sure not to him either).

If I'm ever getting heated about something, Im going to think to myself "y'know, let this escalate and you could lose a frigging eye."

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Subsailor Likes This 
Old 02-05-2013, 01:55 PM   #2654
CreamyGoodness
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Jul 2011
Ossining, NY
Liked 2134 Times on 1409 Posts

Or... maybe worse... "let this escalate and you could make this yutz lose an eye". Imagine living the rest of your damn life knowing you had physically pulled an eye out of someone's head?

God... I think I need to visit one of those cute puppies websites just thinking about it.

YES, WE HAVE TRIED OTHER YEASTS! USE BREAD YEAST FOR JAOM!

Old 02-05-2013, 02:09 PM   #2655
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 7040 Times on 4172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness View Post
Or... maybe worse... "let this escalate and you could make this yutz lose an eye". Imagine living the rest of your damn life knowing you had physically pulled an eye out of someone's head?

God... I think I need to visit one of those cute puppies websites just thinking about it.
Last fight I was in ended with me taking a 2x4 across the face. I still have a scar in my eyebrow to show for it. Knocked me out cold. That could have ended much more badly, as you are suggesting. I don't think I ever won a fight.

Now for my puppy!

CreamyGoodness Likes This 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #2656
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho
Liked 663 Times on 416 Posts

As a kid I used to enjoy fighting. Used to go out looking for a dust up and found one about every weekend it seemed.

Man even if you win you still end up hurting because the other guy is going to get some good licks in. Just not worth it any more

Old 02-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #2657
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho
Liked 663 Times on 416 Posts

And after that last post comes some real wisdom. I think it was Passedpawn that recommended I read this poem

Code:
Desiderata

Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence.
As far as possible without surrender be on good terms with all persons.
Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
Avoid loud and aggressive persons, they are vexations to the spirit.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter;
for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.

Enjoy your achievements as well as your plans.
Keep interested in your career, however humble; it is a real possession in the changing fortunes of time.
Exercise caution in your business affairs; for the world is full of trickery.
But let this not blind you to what virtue there is; many persons strive for high ideals;
and everywhere life is full of heroism.

Be yourself.
Especially, do not feign affection.
Neither be critical about love; for in the face of all aridity and disenchantment it is as perennial as the grass.

Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth.
Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings.
Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be,
and whatever your labors and aspirations, in the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann 1927

Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #2658
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

I hope never to get into a fight again, but highly doubt that I will get my wish.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #2659
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Apr 2009
☼ Clearwater, FL ☼
Liked 7040 Times on 4172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmintman View Post
And after that last post comes some real wisdom. I think it was Passedpawn that recommended I read this poem
I edited the last line of that poem in your post. For some crazy reason, the word CHEERFUL is always replaced with careful. Cheerful is the correct word.

mcbaumannerb Likes This 
Old 02-05-2013, 03:06 PM   #2660
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreamyGoodness

Is that a missing eye and do you think he lost it in the fight?
Man, I'm not sure. He's still cooling his heels in county though, so for the price of a plane ticket you could come on over and get the whole story from him. Visiting hours are 2-4.