I like this time at night on HBT - Page 233 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Old 02-02-2013, 02:05 PM   #2321
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho
Liked 663 Times on 416 Posts

I must stay strong.

One of my buddies went sledding yesterday and came home just beat. I asked him why he was so beat and he told me that they were sledding in 3 foot of new powder. Man that is just perfect conditions to ride

Old 02-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #2322
snaps10
Recipes 

Nov 2011
Visalia, CA
Liked 173 Times on 119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmintman
I must stay strong.

One of my buddies went sledding yesterday and came home just beat. I asked him why he was so beat and he told me that they were sledding in 3 foot of new powder. Man that is just perfect conditions to ride
Well, if it helps at all. My brother in law went on Thursday and came home with this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1880148203.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	98243

37 staples, missed the femoral by less than an inch. He was 3hrs into the backcountry and bleeding bad. Apparently he dug a ski and went over the bars doing 15ish. His leg caught a cable shroud on the bars and ripped his thigh wide open. A nice ride with the medics in the helicopter to the closest trauma center.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #2323
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

The dog and I have been up singing and dancing this morning. I'm singing Beach Boys still and he's dancing. I think we'll brew another 5 gallons today. Got 20 gallons going now, and a couple boxes of beer conditioning in bottles. Need more beer. Gonna brew my last AG batch I bought as a kit then get some stuff ordered for a cheap batch, want to try some new recipes. Not cheap beer, as in Bud light, like varmintman's friends, but good beer that just happened to be inexpensive to make. Might even get the possum trap reset today.

I feel terrible about calling the family vultures, was not their intent. I think they are just worried I'll start selling things to cover costs. Make sure the things they were promised don't get sold. But I'm not selling anything. Keeping hope hubby will recover and make it back home. He is a fighter, not a giver-upper. And I have learned to not always listen to the doctors. Sometimes it seems like their guess is as good as mine. Some of his organs are struggling, but nothing past the point of no return.

Happy brew day dance!! I hope there is enough propane in the little tank because I'm not sure how to transfer from the big tank to the smaller ones. Hubby always did that for me. Guess I could watch a youtube video then try not to blow myself up attempting it.

Glad we got some more dancing bananas in stock. Needed them for the happy brew day dance.

People Like This 
Old 02-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #2324
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho

Ow snaps and I mean a big OWWWW.

I wonder why I love doing it so much when it hurts so bad. Even on the non wreck days it hurts but wreck days are just not pretty

Old 02-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #2325
BigPicture
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Sacramento, CA
Liked 52 Times on 39 Posts

Everybody keeps asking me about Homebrew. How good is it?

The best analogy I've ever heard is: it's like homemade lasagna vs. store bought lasagna. Sure you can get filled up with the store bought stuff, but once you've had homemade from a good cook there is nothing that can compare.

BobbiLynn Likes This 
Old 02-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #2326
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
The dog and I have been up singing and dancing this morning. I'm singing Beach Boys still and he's dancing. I think we'll brew another 5 gallons today. Got 20 gallons going now, and a couple boxes of beer conditioning in bottles. Need more beer. Gonna brew my last AG batch I bought as a kit then get some stuff ordered for a cheap batch, want to try some new recipes. Not cheap beer, as in Bud light, like varmintman's friends, but good beer that just happened to be inexpensive to make. Might even get the possum trap reset today.

I feel terrible about calling the family vultures, was not their intent. I think they are just worried I'll start selling things to cover costs. Make sure the things they were promised don't get sold. But I'm not selling anything. Keeping hope hubby will recover and make it back home. He is a fighter, not a giver-upper. And I have learned to not always listen to the doctors. Sometimes it seems like their guess is as good as mine. Some of his organs are struggling, but nothing past the point of no return.

Happy brew day dance!! I hope there is enough propane in the little tank because I'm not sure how to transfer from the big tank to the smaller ones. Hubby always did that for me. Guess I could watch a youtube video then try not to blow myself up attempting it.

Glad we got some more dancing bananas in stock. Needed them for the happy brew day dance.
Better fill the tank before you start. Sucks running dry and then having to learn how

Hope the hubby does get better. Good to see the dancing bananas as well

Dan Likes This 
Old 02-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #2327
Obliviousbrew

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Liked 229 Times on 160 Posts

Quote:

Here a few more dancings bananas for you:: ban:

Old 02-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #2328
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho

The sled I was working on last night ended up with a bad knuckle joint and scored piston so it is going to take a lot more to fix than we thought. Was hoping to get by with just new rings but you know how it goes.

And it was a great night. I did not even pick up a wrench since my back is hurting. Just watched the shop rats and drank beer by the fire.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #2329
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Do I really have to sanitize? Screw it. A good rinse and we'll see what happens. 100 years ago did they sanitize everything? It looks clean.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #2330
Obliviousbrew

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Liked 229 Times on 160 Posts

Quote:
Do I really have to sanitize? Screw it. A good rinse and we'll see what happens. 100 years ago did they sanitize everything? It looks clean.
Hey if something goes wrong just call it a "wild brew" and thatīs it.

Subsailor Likes This