I like this time at night on HBT - Page 16 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Old 01-09-2013, 12:55 PM   #151
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obliviousbrew View Post
Guys go to bed is way too late east coast or west coast.
I work from 2300-0800.

Old 01-09-2013, 01:11 PM   #152
Obliviousbrew

Recipes 

Feb 2012
Benidorm, Alicante/Spain
Liked 230 Times on 161 Posts

Ufff that shift its killer Airborne , once in while I have to nigth shifts and it kills me, specially cause I do it once in a blue moon so Im not used to it, guess it gets easier if you are used to.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #153
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

I love it, been doing it for years. I'm definitely a vampire, day shifts kill me.

Old 01-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #154
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Dec 2010
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts

I worked second shift for a while. I liked not having to fight traffic like you do during the normal shifts. But, I like being on a more 'normal' schedule to interact with some people. Granted, I still tend to stay up as late now. Depending on what I have going on the next day.

One 'advantage' of working the graveyard shift... You're probably having dinner when the rest of the people are eating breakfast. So, having a beer at that time is normal for you. Must get some odd looks if you go to a place where everyone else is eating b-fast and you're having dinner with a brew.

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

Airborneguy Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #155
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

Wrong time of day for the night owl topic, but oh well, it's the middle of the night somewhere. I don't know where else to go to rant and ramble. My AG kits arrived today, read through the instructions and I don't have what I need to start brewing!!! Pissed at the place I ordered from, if I needed all this special stuff, why wasn't this info posted on their site!! Enough about that... I don't want to be on here bashing a respectable company. Just went online and ordered what I needed, smurf it. Now back to the waiting game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
See now in this thread I like you Bobbi. In that weird one about the shed and the fires and all that, not so much.
That was me on a 2 week drinking binge, pissed at the world. Hubby was being intolerable. But now I've moved back into the house and calmed down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbaumannerb View Post
Why not pick up a growler or two and use those?
Because I didn't think of that... thanks, might try it next time.

I'll try to pop back in later, see who is up late, maybe listen to some tunes.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #156
45_70sharps

Recipes 

Sep 2012
Raymond, Washington
Liked 172 Times on 141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
Wrong time of day for the night owl topic, but oh well, it's the middle of the night somewhere. I don't know where else to go to rant and ramble. My AG kits arrived today, read through the instructions and I don't have what I need to start brewing!!! Pissed at the place I ordered from, if I needed all this special stuff, why wasn't this info posted on their site!! Enough about that... I don't want to be on here bashing a respectable company. Just went online and ordered what I needed, smurf it. Now back to the waiting game.
Well without naming the company, what sort of stuff did you need that you didn't have?
You were just stepping up to all grain and we've all been following your mash tun excitement so I know you knew the basics of upgrading.

On tap
Black Butte clone

In secondary
Pumpkin ale

In primary
Honey wit

Up next.. Firestone Union Jack clone

Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 PM   #157
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn
n00b
Quote:

That was me on a 2 week drinking binge, pissed at the world. Hubby was being intolerable. But now I've moved back into the house and calmed down.
And now he's had to start drinking heavily

Old 01-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #158
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45_70sharps View Post
Well without naming the company, what sort of stuff did you need that you didn't have?
You were just stepping up to all grain and we've all been following your mash tun excitement so I know you knew the basics of upgrading.
I'll just make myself look like more of idiot if I get into this. Just the usual, not thinking things through. Should have went with something that said "beginner kit". I started to, but then kept changing my order, changing my order, forgot what I even ordered! I'll post more about my own brewing experiences once I learn more. Read more and be quiet. Using the same old extract kits for years and years, you don't learn much that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
n00b
Exactly, maybe I'll go post in the I am an idiot topic.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #159
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

A nice picture to start off the night with. And be clear, I did not make any of these animal outfits, I only designed the pattern for the person who wanted to make it. Then they send me pictures and I laugh my a$$ off. I only dress up my own Jack Russell at Christmas time. He always wants to be Santa Claus.
Click image for larger version

Name:	coatgallerypic341.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	93287  

Old 01-10-2013, 01:56 AM   #160
bottlebomber

Recipes 

Apr 2011
Ukiah, CA
Liked 2737 Times on 2112 Posts

My wife occasionally designs and makes doll clothing for people. I only have a couple pics but she makes some pretty neat stuff.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3885812790.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	127.1 KB
ID:	93297   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1232440844.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	93298   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-466136670.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	102.1 KB