I like this time at night on HBT - Page 131 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > I like this time at night on HBT

Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #1301
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho
Liked 663 Times on 416 Posts

Well it seems like the forum is working faster now. Man I gave up on it last night it was moving so slow. I guess I have no room to complain since I am not a paying member

Airborne:

I love a nice cigar but I have to tell you I pretty much stop smoking them during the winter. Just to cold to go outside and smoke and I do not smoke in the house. Do not know why just the way I am I guess.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #1302
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012
Liked 791 Times on 539 Posts

I started freaking out a little about the site being slow, started printing off some info... just in case!! I have plans, big plans!! Must have info.... Site seems good today though!!

Old 01-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #1303
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho

Heck Bobbi you stirred up a hornets nest with your 10 dollar brew thread. I was really enjoying it I was.

That thread kind of opened up my eyes to the differing costs of ingredients around the country. I guess I am pretty lucky to live where I do

Old 01-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #1304
Airborneguy
Adjunct of the Law
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Sep 2009
Isle of Staten
Liked 855 Times on 626 Posts

I very very rarely smoke outside in the winter either. It's 12 right now, which for us is well below normal. When its in the high 30's, I'll sometimes smoke outside. I also don't smoke in the house, my wife would probably leave me over that!

Old 01-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #1305
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho

Winter time we have a beer and cigar night every Friday and luckily we have it in a garage that has a wood stove in it. I will smoke a nice cigar then.

Last week it was -24 I think when I brewed. Pretty much standard for this time of year. I am starting to look forward though to some warmer weather now though. I just checked the temp right now and it is 9 degrees. Pretty much a heat wave

Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #1306
emjay

Recipes 

Jan 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Liked 1719 Times on 1606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varmintman View Post
Heck Bobbi you stirred up a hornets nest with your 10 dollar brew thread. I was really enjoying it I was.

That thread kind of opened up my eyes to the differing costs of ingredients around the country. I guess I am pretty lucky to live where I do
Interesting. With bulk hops, group buys for grain, and reused yeast, I can make 5 gallons of, say, a pilsener for under $5.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #1307
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Interesting. With bulk hops, group buys for grain, and reused yeast, I can make 5 gallons of, say, a pilsener for under $5.
I am right at ten bucks for Biermunchers 3c or the recipe I altered for it.

I am surrounded by tons of two row barley and can get all I want for pretty much free. Been trying to get the malting down to where I am consistent but that is not a easy thing. Once I get a system down though sheesh I could make beer for about nothing if I grow my own hops

Old 01-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #1308
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Quote:

I am going to try your recipe with the instant rice and grits. I love rice, I love grits, I love beer!! Money's tight!! Gotta do what you can!! Cost is the reason I have not upped production, keep nearly running out of beer. I will fix this problem. More beer, less money.

I don't really smoke much in the winter either, 31.8 degrees when I got up at 5 this morning. Too cold to sit on the porch. 32.4 now... trying to get the fire going on the woodburning stove, the electric heat keeps coming on, I can hear the sound of it draining my wallet.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:10 PM   #1309
Varmintman
Recipes 

Mar 2012
idaho falls, idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
I am going to try your recipe with the instant rice and grits. I love rice, I love grits, I love beer!! Money's tight!! Gotta do what you can!! Cost is the reason I have not upped production, keep nearly running out of beer. I will fix this problem. More beer, less money.

I don't really smoke much in the winter either, 31.8 degrees when I got up at 5 this morning. Too cold to sit on the porch. 32.4 now... trying to get the fire going on the woodburning stove, the electric heat keeps coming on, I can hear the sound of it draining my wallet.
Well I kind of stole the idea from Biermuncher for that recipe and tweaked it for my taste. Thanks Biermuncher

I keep on looking at my woodpile and wondering if it is going to make it the winter. Man I hope so or I hope it lasts long enough that I can get some more out of sherwood. Jan is our coldest month and things should be warming up soon or so I hope. I am getting cabin fever and want to get outside and start doing stuff

Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #1310
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Nov 2012

Quote:
Well I kind of stole the idea from Biermuncher for that recipe and tweaked it for my taste. Thanks Biermuncher

I keep on looking at my woodpile and wondering if it is going to make it the winter. Man I hope so or I hope it lasts long enough that I can get some more out of sherwood. Jan is our coldest month and things should be warming up soon or so I hope. I am getting cabin fever and want to get outside and start doing stuff
I hear ya, chain slipped on my chainsaw, worn out, need to replace it. Down to chopping the big warped logs. Just keep whacking at it until it eventually splits, but at least, once you get the fire going good, it burns a long time.

Can't wait for spring, start tilling up the gardens.