Home Brew Forums > Recipe Database > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Cider > Cheap, Fast, and Easy Raspberry Cider

Old 10-22-2013, 02:24 PM   #31
kstone803
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tborow View Post
How much water do I dissolve the lactose in, 16oz?
I would say that's sufficient. You really only need enough water to ensure it is fully dissolved so it mixes properly.

Old 10-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #32
kstone803
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I bottled on SUnday and couldnt find frozen concentrated raspberry juice so I used white grape raspberry. I used 2 cans of the frozen concentrate and now I am unhappy with how it turned out. It has a very grape juice flavor now instead of berry. Next time I carb with honey or corn sugar. Oh well, live and learn.

Old 10-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #33
tborow
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstone803 View Post
I bottled on SUnday and couldnt find frozen concentrated raspberry juice so I used white grape raspberry. I used 2 cans of the frozen concentrate and now I am unhappy with how it turned out. It has a very grape juice flavor now instead of berry. Next time I carb with honey or corn sugar. Oh well, live and learn.
I ended up using another apple concentrate with a bit of my raspberry extract. I'm hoping it turns out good. I couldn't find the apple raspberry anywhere.

Old 10-25-2013, 02:29 AM   #34
Danno81
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstone803
a I used rasberry lemonade concentrate with 2 lbs of frozen rasberrys it came out excellent wie

Old 11-10-2013, 02:46 AM   #35
voltin
Beholden to the Yeast
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Thanks for the great recipe. I just pitched a variation of this cider subbing the concentrates for 2 cans of cranberry and 1 can of apple concentrate. I also added 3 quarts of cranberry juice cocktail in addition to the 3 gallons of apple juice. I'll be sure to let you all know how it turns out.

On Deck: Motor Oil Barleywine, Cider Trials, Vanilla Cream Ale, California Blonde
Primary: Cotton Blossom Traditional Mead, 1744 Porter (Ale-ian Society Club Brew), Old Ale
Secondary: Peach Wine, Cranberry Cider
Kegged: Nothing :(
On Tap: Nothing :(
Bottled: Yup still nothing...