looking for that beer - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > looking for that beer

Old 01-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
trymybeer
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey all, I was looking for this ale from Portugal the store were I got it from closed and I can't remember the name to get a store around here to order it for me, sadly all I remember is that I got it in a 6 ct pony pack, it had brown glass, and was really good any ideas or pics would be great, thanks all

Old 01-04-2013, 08:41 PM   #2
nukebrewer
Brew the brew!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Oct 2008
Groton, CT
Liked 2865 Times on 1733 Posts

It's not Super Bock, by any chance, is it? Just by chance a few guys I work with were talking about having it during a port call in Portugal while on deployment.

Inhopsicated: A Beer Blog

Inhopsicated on Twitter

Old 01-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #3
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Liked 3184 Times on 1883 Posts

Have you googled "Beer brands in portugal" at looked at a list and pics of the labels to see if anything jogs your memory?

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #4
statu
Recipes 

Jun 2012
Escazu, Costa Rica
Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

sagres bohemia?

Old 01-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
statu
Recipes 

Jun 2012
Escazu, Costa Rica
Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

I lived in Portugal from 2009-2012. I haven't seen any local ales. Only lagers. Super bock and sagres taste about the same a light easy get drunk lager. Ive never seen any ales that are locally produced. Repulica da cerveja has a few beers it doesn't sell outside their restaurant.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #6
trymybeer
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Good looking out revvy, 95% sure this is it ;D
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coral-tonica-300x285.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	22.9 KB
ID:	92353  

Revvy Likes This 
Old 01-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #7
trymybeer
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Also thanks to the rest of you, gonna have my local packy order me a 6 pack

Old 01-05-2013, 01:58 PM   #8
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

An Argentinian stout? Cool!!!! I have a co-worker from Argentina, I'll have to ask him about it.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #9
trymybeer
Recipes 

May 2012
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I really liked it, gonna get some ordered for next week

Old 01-06-2013, 01:59 AM   #10
Revvy

Recipes 

Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan

You got my interest piqued, I'm going to do some digging myself.....